UPDATED 1/8/08

-More tweaks and fixes

I think this is my final version.

UPDATED 1/4/08 8)

-PITCH change

-Guitar tweaking

-Drum tweaking

-Other tweaking

I thought it sounded better in this pitch. At this point, I think it's pretty much finished, and I'll probably submit it soon. Any comments still welcome!

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/dwjb/Turning-Time-Around-Submit-Version

remix Tyrano Lair...do iiiiit!!! This is nice btw

Guitar work, piano are dope and that wah wah FX is sexy. The synthy things are also yummy...percussion is nice and variety driven. I being a nub cannot detect any compositional issues here...and production seems to be fine, though I'm sure that it prob needs to be tweaked here and there. Good work man.

Wow, pretty dope. I suppose your trying to take a more liberal approach on a oft remixed theme. It's working so far ;) A lot of care put into this, I can tell.

If I had to say anything, the EQ could be tweaked for a snappier sound...a little high end sizzle I guess. Arrangement is off the chain though. Engaging, yet relaxing.

THIS is a ReMix baby. Yes, it is JUST another Chrono Trigger remix, but man the little effects that you add and the new groove... just yummylicious.

I saw some other comments and thought to myself "It couldn't be that good" and you know, I was very impressed. Exceeded my expectations. I like the drum panning, with headphones it bounces around and makes me feel like playing my guitar. Speaking of guitars, wow. Those things are well used and everything like that, the little guitar runs and everything make this even better. I really don't have any comments except don't give it any high-end sizzle. It's got that warm vintage sound to it. :) LOVE!

This is pretty groovy.

At around 0:56 a guitar comes in and breaks my speakers. Maybe pitch it down about 500 or so octaves...

Good percussion at 1:50.

Interesting breakdown at 2:08, but it dies out in a hurry.

Not a big fan of the drums that come in at 3:44 and passages similar to that. Tone down the bass a little bit. And they carry too much of a 'hardcore' feeling with them.

Don't get me wrong; this is a very good piece of music. It's going onto my playlist, and aside from those minor problems mentioned above, I think it's great!

Wow, thank you for all of the comments. I guess I'm finally where I need to be; this is my quintillionth mix of this song, but this is the first one I actually feel good about. Here's the real shocker: I made this with Garageband. Yes, Garageband. I switched from FL Studio when I got a Mac, and this is the first mix I made with it. I think I'll stay :)

So, is this submission worthy?

Again, I really appreciate all of the comments, and I'm glad everybody is enjoying it.

Yo Mike wats up dude.

This really has some great composition. Really nice ideas are throughout. It doesn't feel like the most conventional song but it has a lot of character. It's really chill with lots of ear candy throughout.

My biggest beefs are with the mastering. It's kinda hard to give crits on mastering when everything sounds kinda lo-fi but not at the same time.

On the kick find a spot in the mid range to cut just a lil so the attack of the kick doesn't drown out the background elements.

The mix doesn't feel as round and warm as it could. Some subtle compression, limiting, and stereo seperation on the master are needed.

Check your PM box in few mins for an example. :)

I like the distorted synth line that comes in at 1:27. Things get buried at about 0:30 and 2:18. I love the FX and the way all the sounds mesh. I like the syncopation at 1:13. The two issues I notice are that the center of the piece is buried under too much sound half the time, and the piece has a bit many different frequency emphases over the course of the song. For example, at 2:05 it has a kind of narrow emphasis, and at 4:00 it's got a nicer deepness and shimmering highs. I think the narrow band sounds in the song don't fit as well. But it is a great piece, and I expect to see it make the cut.

yeah beginning was a highlight for me also. was this heavily influenced by the Brink of Time album? the instruments are very similar to some of those used in that jazz/funky/spacey album. at least it seemed so to me. cool stuff, and best of luck!

Wow! Haha, Brink of Time influence? As much as I thought that album was different and interesting, it never even occurred to me that this sounded like it. Although, now that I think about it, it does have a similar genre feel to it, doesn't it? I'm honored... I think. That album was controversial to the extreme! I still enjoy listening to it every once in a while, though.