Your Christmas Haul

FiremanJoe

We have one of these threads every year and I haven't seen one yet, so here goes!

Post the loot you received for Christmas this year =P

I received the following...

SteelSound 5Hv2 gaming headset

Dvds... Black Books series, Rambo Trilogy, The Shining, Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, The Police - Synchronicity Concert

Cds... Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor; Massive Attack - No Protection; King Kong OST; Garbage - Garbage, Version 2.0, Beautiful Garbage; Midnight Oil - 20000 Watts RSL;

Tetris DS, shirts (with 'retro' designs, Tonka and Back to the Future), a little money

Presents aside, it's been a good Christmas. I've had parties with most of my family and will be having dinner with them all again tonight. :) Good to see everybody together.

You other-side-of-the-planet types and your multiple hours ahead of us. One day, we're going to blow up your part of the sun, and watch you freeze in the dark like the pinko commies you are! Then you'll be begging to be part of Mountain Standard Time, and we'll let you in. FOR A PRICE! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

On a more serious side... I already know what I got, so here goes:

Mario Galaxy

Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Wii component cables (should go nicely with the new HD tv I'm buying later this week)

Some other stuff. Really, who cares? Mario Galaxy!

I suppose I am the only one who thinks that the term "Christmas haul" falls tragically short of including any notion that these are gifts people have given us...its not like we are going out fishing or something. Perhaps I am looking too much into it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Got some great personalized gifts from people I know online already and a few from friends that live nearby. Probably the neatest is a clock/timer/alarm/thermometer that is powered by water.

I suppose I am the only one who thinks that the term "Christmas haul" falls tragically short of including any notion that these are gifts people have given us...its not like we are going out fishing or something. Perhaps I am looking too much into it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh I definitely agree. I don't think you're looking into it too deeply, but yeah.. we just have the obligatory annual thread to mention things frankly I guess. =)

I got a 360 which I bought I told my dad to order on Black Friday and Halo 3...that's only the stuff I know about now, but I can assume that tomorrow there will be some little surprises here and there which'll be nice. Hopefully a HD cable for the 360 that has a vga/dvi port...since I kinda forgot to get one and am currently using composite...which blows when you're using a nice monitor.

Lessee here:

• 2 GB SD memory card
  • 1 GB USB memory stick
  • DVD's: The Dark Crystal, Tron, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, Transformers (2007), Ratatouille, Pirates of the Caribbean 3
  • Books: Terry Pratchett - The Colour of Magic, Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash
  • Transformers Movie figure Jazz (small)
  • Fake multi-colored Transformers figure (that doesn't transform)
  • 3D Squid puzzle
  • Bag full of candy
  • €20 worth of Entertainment Vouchers
  • MP4 Player (hasn't arrived yet)

I got a 360 which I bought I told my dad to order on Black Friday and Halo 3...that's only the stuff I know about now, but I can assume that tomorrow there will be some little surprises here and there which'll be nice. Hopefully a HD cable for the 360 that has a vga/dvi port...since I kinda forgot to get one and am currently using composite...which blows when you're using a nice monitor.

I hope it was a 360 Elite - the other versions of the 360 don't have an HDMI port.

I had a very electronic but un-videogame related Christmas. I received:

Clothes

New Derby

Clothes

Sax Accessories

New Sound System (4 speakers and a PA system) for my band (Woohoo)

Kinda bummed that I didn't get a Wii but I expected that. Although, with my new sound system I can start gigging and make enough to buy me one amongst other things. It was a good Christmas for me.

Here goes:

-Bourne Ultimatum

-Tedd Dekker book

-Hybrid - Wide Angle (yeah I'm behind the times)

-A Drum 'N' Bass CD my wife put together from songs she found on Amazon that she guessed I might like, which I do (yeah, she's awesome; she didn't really know the style of DnB I liked, but the songs on here are very very good)

-EWQLSO Silver (bought for myself, been saving up)

My wife owns :)