What State are you from?

octobomb

Atlanta, Georgia @ Georgia Tech...sigh...no girls...

Umm....Agnes Scott College? The Agnes Scott girls love to come to Tech on occasion.

Well, either that or Emory.

I live on the east end of Tech's campus, and there are a few sorority girls around. You just need to look harder

:smile:

I've always lived a safe 30 miles outside of Atlanta (from NE to NW, and now due W). Unlike most it seems, I love Georgia.

Don't get me wrong, I love Georgia. I just can't stand the city of Atlanta. If I was in Newnan or Alpharetta most of the time, I'd really love it here. But living in the city just reminds me too much of home.

We need more Illini in here. :-(

I'm from Illinois, and my younger brother is at UIUC. It's one of seven I've applied to grad school for, and my top choice (in music technology / composition).

Edit: (to prevent an annoying double post)

You live quite close to DarkCecil13...the same town I think.

DC13 is responsible for getting me involved here, actually. I watched him poke around on the site before I joined myself. missed his new year's LAN this time around because he had to have it a week late (stupid magfest). Still can't believe how much facial hair he's sporting lately...:razz:

I'm from Illinois, and my younger brother is at UIUC. It's one of seven I've applied to grad school for, and my top choice (in music technology / composition).

Well, I can say it's a great school to be at...although there's not terribly much in the area. If anything though, I can assure you that you'd know someone with lots of video games though :grin:

DC13 is responsible for getting me involved here, actually. I watched him poke around on the site before I joined myself. missed his new year's LAN this time around because he had to have it a week late (stupid magfest). Still can't believe how much facial hair he's sporting lately...:razz:

You should've came to MAGFest with him - it was a great time!

I'll be in Portland during springbreak. Recommend any good restaurants? A friend that I'm visiting said Portland has the greatest burger place (Cornerstone?) in the world.

I'm not familiar with Cornerstone. If it's a fairly upscale place then I'd probably believe it does. However, we do have Burgerville, which is pretty good. It's basically the Northwest's response to In-and-Out.

The real trick is whether or not you have money to spend. El Gauchos - downtown at the Benson Hotel - is amazing, but it's really high priced. So are most of the really good restaurants in the Pearl - such as Paragon and that Peruvian place that I can't remember the name of. There are several Gustav's around town. Really good German food that's not too expensive. Plus, they have fondue. Old Chicago, Applebee's, and Red Robin are kind of the staple cheap, but nice sit down places. Oh! And there's also the Montage - under the Burnside Bridge. They have really good cheesecake.

Aside from that, there's a whole bunch of various cafés and restaurants scattered all over the place. You can't go two blocks without finding a coffee shop of some sort.

Well, I can say it's a great school to be at...although there's not terribly much in the area. If anything though, I can assure you that you'd know someone with lots of video games though :grin:

You should've came to MAGFest with him - it was a great time!

Bahamut, assuming that you enjoy gaming and free food, I may shoot you a note the next time I'm down to UIUC for a weekend.

And I _will_ go to MAGFest next year after all of the crazy stuff I've seen online...

Old Chicago, Applebee's, and Red Robin are kind of the staple cheap, but nice sit down places. Oh! And there's also the Montage - under the Burnside Bridge. They have really good cheesecake.

Only been to Red Robin when I was working in Vancouver for 4 months, and it was easily the best burger place I'd been to. Baskets of large seasoned fries with free refills helped too :)

Only been to Red Robin when I was working in Vancouver for 4 months, and it was easily the best burger place I'd been to. Baskets of large seasoned fries with free refills helped too :)

Ah. We've got Red Robin in Cincinnati. Absolutely amazing burgers, and it's got a nice cross between a "Mom and Pop" and a "sports bar" type environment. I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't eaten there to do it whenever you get the chance.

Bahamut, assuming that you enjoy gaming and free food, I may shoot you a note the next time I'm down to UIUC for a weekend.

And I _will_ go to MAGFest next year after all of the crazy stuff I've seen online...

Sure, just send me a PM my way at least a few days before you come around and we could chill or something (I buy you a beer, or enjoy my game collection - I got Rock Band).