OCR00886 - Streets of Rage 2 "Ending Theme (Reflecting Mix)"

Ginnsu

Streets of Rage 2 'Ending Theme (Reflecting Mix)'

This is something a little more soft and melodic (and boring. Sorry, after the Battletoads Mix, I need more music that gives me a rush.) What a lovely piano, and a very nice deep bass. The strings add a lot of much needed atmosphere. And I must say, despite my longing for something that gives me a rush, this is an excellent piece of work. Excellent work, Rayza.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mix of one of the best ending themes of all time. I had this before it was posted or else I would have reviewed it earlier. I can just picture the SoR2 gang chillin' in the helicopter ride home after a long day of beating the crap out of a thousand random punks to get to Mr. X. Anyway... great song.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to admit, when I found out about this site, THIS was the FIRST song I looked for. It always stuck out in my mind as one of my top 5 all time favorite video game songs. The original was a tad cheesy, especially with all the sugary sweet hugging/smiling going on in the end game cinemas, but it fit, and it just sounded theatrical to me. This remix takes the uplifting/triumphant vibe of the original, and smooths it out even more. If there was ever a Streets of Rage movie, THIS is the song it needs to end with. Awesome job!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Starting with Synths that soar above a solid bassline, this mix only gets better when the piano melody comes in. The production here is very good, most notably the piano. I love the shimmering sound that is created, and it really helps the mix's atmosphere.

About halfway through it switches to a electric piano sound, which is also perfectly suited. My only reservations would be that the flute seems a bit piercing, and i'd like to hear a bit more low end on the background synths, but overall this is a fantastic mix.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I started listening to this mix with the intention of giving a review to the best of my very limited musical abilities, but I honestly just lost myself in thought as I listened. thought about things as I listened to it. I guess the title is very appropriate then :)

the piano was very nice, and I liked it very much. honestly I can't say much more because I just kind of drift off every time I listen to it.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This really strikes me as like a world weary traveler, someone who hasn't seen home in a long time, especially with the introducing beach sound effects and the piano by the sea feel. The "reflective" in the title feels incredibly appropriate 'cause once listening to this one can tell that the work is done and now is the time for resting, and I appreciate the truth in advertising aspect about this mix. It's truly a wonderful mix, but it's a little too saccharine, imo, for my tastes.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00886 - Streets of Rage 2 "Ending Theme (Reflecting Mix)"