OCR00887 - Lufia II "Christmas in the Village (Silver Bells)"

Ginnsu

Lufia II 'Christmas in the Village (Silver Bells)'

You can't get much more Christmasy then this. All through this song I'm just waiting for Anne Murray to start up her vocal cords. I can't say that I'm incredibly enthused about this style of music... but it is Christmas so I'll live. Another excellent piece of work for the Christmas holidays. Great work Dale North.

This song blew me away completely. I'm getting used to Dale's extraordinary talents, so much that he's starting to spoil me (and probably most of us) with how well done his work is. I had this on loop for a long time the past few days, and I have to say it's quite amazing work. Keep it up Dale, keep submitting your excellent work!!

• 3 months later...

well... i did dl this back during christmas and i enjoyed it a looooot. but when that new faze lufia piece came out, i enjoyed it so much i decided to load up all my lufia + 2 remixes... and this came out on the playlist and oooooohhhh the shivers. i love it. keep up the amazing work dale ;)

Well, after I discovered the great peice called "Turbid Guidance" I decided to check out the rest of the Lufia mixes available...

My god, you could relax a charging rhino with the sweetness this piece is treating my ears to... (I gues sI didn't notice this mix when it first debuted)

Though I'm not all that satisfied with how the song end, it's still another great Lufia mix! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

A post-Christmas Christmas song review!

I love how these two songs are melded so well together. Dale certainly makes them flow very nicely with smooth transitions, and a nice calm feeling throughout. I play this each year around christmas.

My only gripe is the ending seems a bit ubrupt. Nothing to really take away from the overall feeling though.

• 1 year later...

Normally I'm not down with mixing existing songs with a game's music, but i'm making an exception here, as there is plenty of Village to go around. I love the subtle percussion in the bells and tambourine, along with the tasteful North kit stylings.

Dale has a very classic style that people associate with Christmas, and though I don't associate it with the holiday as much, and can thankfully avoid the connotations, I can clearly see the connection. I really like his soft rock style, and think it fits both sources very well.

I agree with DA that the ending is too abrupt; I think there is enough material for another minute or two, and would have at least liked a more structured ending, perhaps a ritardando or something, but as is, I still enjoy the song immensely.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00887 - Lufia II "Christmas in the Village (Silver Bells)"