Terra Remix - Read what I have to say first!

Nicholestien

This is just a rough draft of the remix I want to make, I'm taking only the parts of the terra theme that I liked, I really don't like the actual main melody. This is the problem... lol...

anyways, plz listen to the rough draft, it's basicly just the beat for now and it's about 30 or so seconds long, I want to know whether or not people interept this stuff the way I do before I move on you dig? I'm not going to waste my time on a remix that is already terrible to begin with... xD

http://download.yousendit.com/CD65DAA401CFA25A

Actually, I'd call this a remix of "Awakening" so far, since you use the little arpeggio that's not found in "Terra".

Anyway, it sounds like a good start to me. I love the downtempo stuff myself, but I'm sure others would recommend you at least give us a better idea of what your trying to do. How can we call it crappy with only 30 seconds of an intro?

I'm interested to see what you can do with a melody you don't even like though lol

. How can we call it crappy with only 30 seconds of an intro?

I'm interested to see what you can do with a melody you don't even like though lol

I must agree. There really isn't that much to analyze here. I like the drum track and the interesting effect, but its really only composed of four notes, which repeat in the same progression. Im not really sure what you dont like about it, because theres a million different things that can be layered on top of this progression. Although above all else, if you dont like it i would say move on lol. I actually like it a lot, its mesmerizing in a silent hill kind of way. Im actually not familiar with the source but i could see a lot of different types of progression spawning from it.

Well, I only have reason, and fruity loops with ozone, thats it, I absolutely have nothing else to work with, I have reason 3 btw, and only the soundbanks it comes with, same with fl, and I'm having a really hard time finding an instrument that fits,

do you think these are some good ideas?

Resonanting Violin

Piano

Oboe

DNB Leads

Trip-hop sound effects

thats pretty much all I see fitting in there that I actually have, so, as you can see, I'm having a pretty difficult time.

I'm not exactly Señor pro remixer here, but when I don't like a certain part of a melody, I crap all over it either by ignoring it entirely and creating my own melody, or by molding the existing melody into something I like.

But who cares about me.

I'm not sure how much of a fan you are of Massive Attack, but I can see this song going along those lines if you play your cards right. I agree with Metaphist on the instrument choice.

Just make sure you keep this firmly in trip hop and all is fine. Don't abandon the beat.