OCR00888 - Super Mario World "Super Mario's Sleigh Ride"

DarkCecil13

This is such a fun and innovative arrangement, and the fact that it's live just adds an extra level of panache. I could listen to this all year.

Then again, I'm one of those crazy people who could listen to Christmas music all year anyway. So I suppose that's not saying much.

• 8 months later...

I've always been more of a classical Christmas music lover, rather than the more contemporary holiday fare that is interwoven in this. That being said, splice them with some Koji Kondo favourites and I'm all over them.

Just like most other people, I was extremely surprised how compatible the two fields are. It creates a real melodic sensation that is both rewarding to listen to as well as highly amusing. Not laugh out loud amusing, but in a way that it makes you want to concentrate on the music, rather than just let it wash over you.

If I was in a band with my friends, this is the type of music I'd want to be playing. Not just for the self-satisfaction, but also those WTF? facial expressions from the audience must be priceless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This season marks my first time listening to this when there's actually snow on the ground (as I only got it this past summer), and even though it was awesome in summer/fall etc, it's about 82977 times better now. I love hearing those Christmas classics woven in with the awesome SMW soundtrack...

Definitely an integral part of my winter playlist.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It always amazes me when sources that you would never imagine together end up blending so well. The instrument selection not only creates that Christmas mood, but they also represent the Mario tracks quite well.

When the song switches to the Map theme, I can't help but picture the tree shopping scene from the Charlie Brown Christmas special for some reason. :<

• 2 weeks later...

This is so full of win that I don't even know where to begin. Basically, I love all the source material (and boy was there a lot!) and I'm amazed at how well it was all organized and put together. With so much source material, it would have been easy for this mix to feel disjointed or bogged down. Instead, it's just a joy to listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

Some music never gets old, does it?:smile: November finds me and my iPod in a couch, listening to a VGM Christmas playlist. Among the songs are two remixes found on this site: "Merry Little Christmas" from Christmas Nights... and this song. They both remind me of when I opened a wrapped present in 1999 to find a Game Boy Pocket inside.:grin: Amazing how it's come a long way since then. Where will it lead next...?:wink:

• 4 months later...

Every single time this song comes up in my shuffle rotation, I think "Eh, I really don't want to hear this right now." But every time I leave it alone and let it play, I'm glad I did. The arrangement really is top-notch - great work guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00888 - Super Mario World "Super Mario's Sleigh Ride"
  • 2 years later...