you ever listen to a remix before listening to the original song?

Nicholestien

lmao, man, Since I started playing final fantasy VI for the first time in a few days, I recently heard the original peice of music that the remix enchanted esper came from, you know, that protricity dude.

it's insane doing this, and gives you a different perspective on just how good these remix's are.

=O

ZOMG

I actually submitted the wrong song file to ocr for that one. Thats why the guitar sounds clippy and ugly, and the piano has flaws.

Heres a version that was cleaned up and released shortly after

http://prot.arnoldascher.com/music/prot/FF6_Enchanted_Esper_V2.mp3

Hah I just happened to look at this thread just now, thanks. I wish I could say I came up with that, but no; I randomly stumbled upon it on the internet one day and realized "I must share this awesomeness by turning it into a signature!" I'm actually surprised it's taken this long before someone commented on it (err, that I know of).

And a comment on your sig... when I first read it a couple days ago, I read:

"'The Legendary Zoltan Adventures of'...?

Ooooh, 'Adventures of the Legendary Zoltan', of course!"

And then I pondered what it would look like aesthetically if the words "Adventures of" was taken out of the bottom and moved to the top of the sig, at which point I invented the game of "Jenga" and made millions, most of which I donated to charity to create the land-mass that we now call Europe. True story.

I'm actually surprised it's taken this long before someone commented on it

I've not commented on it, but I showed it to a bunch of my friends and they all thought it was awesome. It is win.

As for this lame thread. Yes. I haven't played half the games I've listened to the tracks for. I mostly download all the mixes done by my favorite remixers, having played the game or not. If I've played it I get nostalgic. If not, when I do played those games after, I get goosebumps. Either way it's great to hear abstract tracks pop up in different places.

ya get a life dude

You know, I really can't tell whether you have sarcasm in that comment. Either way, I guess your favourite genre of music is the only one that you listen to, because everyone is the same, right? No, I listen to others, and I would appreciate it if you would accept it.

Have I not clarified myself enough times that I listen to other music than OCR? Honestly... And, have you counted how many songs there are on this site? Thousands. Not to mention, more songs are added weekly. I just tried to get on OCR so we could have good conversations about what we share in common. But no, some have to be assholes about it and tell me that I am apparently not listening to music correctly. I really wish we could get back on what the thread is about.

:oops: Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you only listen to OCR - I'm saying, you'd benefit from finding more music that's BETTER than what OCR has to offer. I'd recommend checking out the "free music" thread somewhere here, some people have recommended some very good stuff in my opinion.

The red smilie guy made me chuckle. Well, I will check out that thread. What I meant to say was OCR has damn good music, and you have to agree, right?

Well, I like it alot. I would really like to learn how to make it. Any suggestions, or should I resort to other threads?

What I used to love to do is play the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and play through all the stages with Navi( A setting to where it makes it modern HUD, OCR Music, etc...) on, and off to compare the music. The Classic music is amazing, but some of the OCR's are great.

Replacing individual tracks - what system is this for? I have the Gamecube version of Megaman Anniversary Collection, and every single feature on the disc that's beyond simple emulation of the original games is utter shit. (Well with one exception: the ability to use L and R to switch through weapons... but they even did that badly because you couldn't switch it to Rush (the dog, the most commonly used special weapon).) I could write pages just complaining about how bad that collection was, and how they managed to make the games worse than the original in ways you wouldn't think possible. The disc even has "remixes" that you can unlock... except every remix was worse than the original (even when they chose to remix an original that wasn't very good in the first place)... some of the remixes were just plain annoying to listen to. The UI is slow and unintuitive (and by "slow" I mean it regularly makes you wait for NO REASON AT ALL (no, it's NOT loading anything!), and by "unintuitive" I mean it makes no freaking sense). It has to be the best example of why not to rush game development that I've ever seen...

Anyone else buy this game too?

Replacing individual tracks - what system is this for? I have the Gamecube version of Megaman Anniversary Collection, and every single feature on the disc that's beyond simple emulation of the original games is utter shit. (Well with one exception: the ability to use L and R to switch through weapons... but they even did that badly because you couldn't switch it to Rush (the dog, the most commonly used special weapon).) I could write pages just complaining about how bad that collection was, and how they managed to make the games worse than the original in ways you wouldn't think possible. The disc even has "remixes" that you can unlock... except every remix was worse than the original (even when they chose to remix an original that wasn't very good in the first place)... some of the remixes were just plain annoying to listen to. The UI is slow and unintuitive (and by "slow" I mean it regularly makes you wait for NO REASON AT ALL (no, it's NOT loading anything!), and by "unintuitive" I mean it makes no freaking sense). It has to be the best example of why not to rush game development that I've ever seen...

I had it for PS2. I didn't notice any of your complaints above when I played it. In fact, I fell in love with it for a while. That was all I played for a while, and that is what made me become a huge nerd, geek... And to love techno music like I do. Your complaints, simply, derive from your not liking of the game. I didn't think any of the remixes of any of the stages sounded like shit.