OCR01665 - Wizards & Warriors "Wizards in My Armor (Warrior in My Long Johns)"

djpretzel

Ya know, it's extremely rare I bother posting here. But for this song, I had to come out of hiding and actually give an opinion. I have to say, this song is quite possibly...the single-best thing I've heard come from OverClocked ReMix in some time. It's an effective collage of a few of the in-game themes (title, forest, cavern, etc.) with some slick lyrics and a nice, solid beat that never lets up. This song actually bumped me up out of my depression, it's so good. And that says quite a lot, considering I rarely bother fighting off my depression.

Anyway... It's a really awesome song and definately worth downloading. I'll make sure to rate this song 5/5 on OCReMix Radio when I get a chance. Thanks, Trenthian, for making a song good enough to put me in a great mood! :D This is so totally going on my MP3 player...

--but the-John-so-nice-they-named-him-twice delivers. In his submission email-cum-informercial' date='

--I'd also like to point out the downright intense number of Johns involved - it's a ReMix by John St. John, involving long johns. On the John-o-meter, I'm pretty sure this is the best ReMix we have, with up to 300% more John than other mixes, including some of my own. If you listen to it on the john at Long John Silver's, you may in fact OD from the sheer Johnitude." [/quote']

Is it terrible that EMFB and I are considering naming a future son "Hans Evan Sean Jean Ian-Juan St.John" and nicknaming him "Jack"? And yes, this would require that he have a rap star herald with him everywhere he went.

Thanks, Trenthian, for making a song good enough to put me in a great mood! :D This is so totally going on my MP3 player...
I am quite honored sir, both that you choose to use the track as your sword against the foulest minions of depression, but also that you want to carry your sword, like the warrior of legend everywhere you go.

I hate the vocals. They're too processed. It sounds like your running the vocals through something, more than likely multiple times.He is running it through some effects board and he's processing it so it sounds a little electronic-tinged, then he's layering that multiple times so it sounds like ass.

Also as far as the recorder solo hes layering keyboards under it so its a little muddy.

I'm generally wary of mixes with vocals, but this is perfect. The lyrics are great, the instrumentation, the singing - as someone else mentioned previously, this is an instant classic. The mix embodies the spirit of OCR. I really like how the different themes are woven together, especially at 3:01. :) Makes me smile every time.

Trenthian and Wolfe, awesome mix, great job!!

I absolutely love this song. it reminds my of my childhood fantasys that i had of being a tough as nails warrior out to battle. princess or no princess. this is a great remix and it has made me want to play the game. and i also must comment of the voice. i wish i had one like that.

The only thing that could make it better than it is is to post the lyrics. that would be awesome.

I absolutely love this song. it reminds my of my childhood fantasys that i had of being a tough as nails warrior out to battle. princess or no princess. this is a great remix and it has made me want to play the game. and i also must comment of the voice. i wish i had one like that.

The only thing that could make it better than it is is to post the lyrics. that would be awesome.

Lyrics are on Page 2

This is the fourth version of this that I've listened to, and any of them are better than most of the mixes I've heard. The vocals are a bit more effected this time around, which I could live without, but I really dig the new synth backgrounds and countermelodies. Whatever, it's a classic of the ReMiXiNg world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is by far one of my favorite mixes on OCR. Here's hoping for more Johnification in future mixes. I especially liked this vocals in this mix. The guitar solo + recorder solo were also great, probably due to your rocking Synthesizer Brothersynthe.

Ok, to start off, if I could get only ONE remix like this in 10 years, I would still be happy. I think I've listened to it at least 2 hours in the last 3 days XD

The vocals, solos, background, simply everything is made out of pure pwnage.

Personally though, I would have ended the song with: "...do the same damn thing again!" I still like the baroque style ending but I think it would have given more power to the sentence to end the song that way :P

Like others said, you could definately use that smexy voice of yours in your future songs :P

Just can't wait in 4 years when you'll release a new song so minutiously polished as this one, hope it's sooner though :P

Keep up the good work, and the funny lyrics! XD

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01665 - Wizards & Warriors "Wizards in My Armor (Warrior in My Long Johns)"