An Ideal Euphemistic, or, OMG FREE MUSIC

suzumebachi

I'm proud to announce that Wardriver has finally unleashed its first collective album and second release, An Ideal Euphemistic, which features a number of VGM community artists. You can grab it for free RIGHT HERE.

You can also visit the Wardriver hompy (which is still under construction) here. And if you haven't yet, you can also get the first Wardriver release, Tanasinn EP by OverCoat, here.

Have a news post! Enjoy! Afk!

:<

WARDRIVER is a netlabel hosted at ThaSauce for internet musicians in the VGM scene. It's basically just a place for folks to release their free works under a unified banner. An Ideal Euphemistic is Wardriver's first collective album, and as such is a showcase of some of the artists featured on the label, including Injury, PxFury, OverCoat, Skrypnyk, ILLiterate, Monobrow, and myself.

TOTALLY not a planted question or a shill or anything!

Also, look forward to more Wardriver releases in the future! And we'll probably have something to say and hopefully some CDs to give away at MAGFest.

• 8 months later...

ok this makes me kinda mad

you get all these tons of BUY MY ALBUM threads that get tons of support and posts by the other BUY MY ALBUM people and "important" people but then the really good free stuff like this or antipodes superscape get no support from anyone

why the heck cant more "important" people take the time out to make posts to support stuff like this

i mean stuff like this is a significant part of the community and it will have a hard time growing if people dont do something about it

So what, is this a way for up and coming artists to show of some of their work as well?

Actually, yes. Thasauce news is all about keeping us up to date about the whole community, that includes original releases. Our news can also be used to self pimp or pimp others work. We are always looking for people to add to the Wardriver label for further releases. It's non profit and no one is going to steal your music rights or anything. So if you're interested in submitting to Wardriver, PM Tyberius or Ramaniscence or myself.

ok this makes me kinda mad

you get all these tons of BUY MY ALBUM threads that get tons of support and posts by the other BUY MY ALBUM people and "important" people but then the really good free stuff like this or antipodes superscape get no support from anyone

why the heck cant more "important" people take the time out to make posts to support stuff like this

i mean stuff like this is a significant part of the community and it will have a hard time growing if people dont do something about it

People don't respond as well to compilation albums. People like to support independent artists in the community, but generally have some favorites - its a bit more monumental when an artist puts out a whole album of material than participating in one song on a compilation of artists the listener may or may not like or know of. I put together a couple free albums where friends remixed some of my stuff and interest on those was way less than my normal albums.

Also, maybe the albums from "important" people get more attention because they are for pay. When you release an album for pay, especially when there is a physical version, the artist has invested not only extra time, but money to get the thing out there. In these cases, support is actually needed, not just wanted, and I think listeners respond to that.

I listened to this album and it is pretty rad. Thanks folks for putting this together. I really dug Treedom and Grizzly Adams, though they were both so short! Overall, it was a nice bunch of mainly chill tracks that were nice to listen to during my work day. Yummy

Also, maybe the albums from "important" people get more attention because they are for pay. When you release an album for pay, especially when there is a physical version, the artist has invested not only extra time, but money to get the thing out there. In these cases, support is actually needed, not just wanted, and I think listeners respond to that

except as i said these free compilations are a significant part of the community and should be recognized as such