OCR01666 - Threads of Fate "Mint ~ The Spirit Is Willing"

djpretzel

It's about time there's a Threads of Fate remix. And an orchestral one to boot. Instrumental-wise, it's brilliant. But personally, I just didn't dig the mood from the second and third minutes. But that's just my opinion. Some other parts of the song somehow sounded as if it's from Brave Fencer Musashi and KH. Although that's no bad thing. :D

This arrangement makes good use of the instrument, as well as mixed winds, chromatic percussion, and more string articulations than you can shake a stick at - check the trills at 2'28" for just one of many examples.

Do you think he meant at 2:38?

Started off a bit slow, but got really good towards the end. Overall, this definitely gets a thumbs up :D
All his songs are like that. Actually, in terms of epicness, things always start out medium, then get slow, then always finish big.

The only problem is, most of his songs on his site are no longer available. I was lucky to get most of them from a mirror site, but then that got booted offline. I actually think that this song was on there, but I was not able to download it then.

In any case, Vampire Hunter Dan is an incredible musician. You are among my top favorites.

Good stuff. This really stands out because the horn samples sound natural. I would have liked to hear some more tempo change. Also, I suggest for fun that you explore french horn/clarinet combos, might be useful in the future for your style ^_^ EDIT: Also, might I suggest giving the PSX's Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack a listen? ^_^

Just played through this game on PSP, really excellent game. I loved the music so I came here to check... and see - the first ever remix was just uploaded!

This is a great remix, orchestration fits the music nicely. Kind of slow in the start and in overall, but the last memorable tunes totally make up for it.

Great work!

Solo horn started out a bit too toothless, but the rest of the track was concentrated ass-kickery. As things progress, there are fantastic dynamics used throughout, and so many details, that I forget that it's a medley. Everything just works so well together. I'd go on, but that would simply be concentrated ass-kissery, so I'll just say this song is SUPER RECOMMENDED.

yep, i admit its a nice music. Also i have PSP and can you plz tell me where to download PSP games.

Just played through this game on PSP, really excellent game. I loved the music so I came here to check... and see - the first ever remix was just uploaded!

This is a great remix, orchestration fits the music nicely. Kind of slow in the start and in overall, but the last memorable tunes totally make up for it.

Great work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure why, but I'm sad to say that previous Vampire Hunter Dan pieces haven't really done much for me.

So it was a pleasant surprise when I downloaded this mix and found myself swept away. The progression between themes is handled with such smoothness that, not knowing the source tunes myself, I can't easily identify where one ends and the next begins. Also how the dynamics gradually build and fade along with the mood of the piece... combined with the superb samples & production, and orchestration that really sounds like what an orchestra would play... just stellar.

I have to say, I'm hoping to hear much more like this from our Dan. I've always felt OCR could use more symphonic arrangements, especially ones so perfectly-executed.

• 1 month later...

When I first listened to this remix I wasn't paying much attention to it, and thought it to be a really nice, rare ToF remix, but the more I listen to it, the more I realize the brilliance behind it.

Everything is handled with such finesse, and its quality is comparable to that of a live orchestra, or blockbuster movie. It's truly an uplifting piece, and I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for more VHD remixes.

• 8 months later...

I love this arrangement. I've listened to a lot of orchestral arrangements on here, and this is one of the pieces that gets things right. I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of expert in music theory, but the way all of the elements move and flow seamlessly with each other in an intricate dance of instruments and sections is beautiful. Very well done.

• 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01666 - Threads of Fate "Mint ~ The Spirit Is Willing"