Anime

Gafgarion

Wearing weights on your person is well and good, but if it's just because you want to be like an anime character, you have some pretty massive issues.

I'm not exactly against the word otaku or being called one...but I'm by no means a sad and pathetic case of a socially inept nitwit that can't think for himself.

Can some more comments be made about H2O? It looked interesting then I noticed it's based off of a dating sim game...which doesn't exactly make for great anime in my opinion.

Oh, and lastly, speaking of romance anime, I really thoroughly enjoyed watching Suzuka. The anime barely scratches the story told by the manga, which is complete, but that one really affected me in a good way.

That's the show where I see people constantly bash the main character for being whiny, which I'm not really one of. SEED is actually an influence in my daily life and my foreign policy views. If I'm pondering whether something would be morally acceptable for a country to do in response to the actions of another, I usually think "Would Kira and Lacus approve?" as they are the most moral, pure, and noble characters that I'm aware of in all of the books, games, movies, and television shows I've experienced..

Kenshiro from Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) would like to have a word with you...

Wearing weights on your person is well and good, but if it's just because you want to be like an anime character, you have some pretty massive issues.

It isn't because he wants to be like Rock lee, it is because he finds it is good weight training, and he got it from Rock Lee.

Never heard of it. Say more.

Okay!

Legend of Galactic Heroes may be the best anime ever made. It's a giant space opera with none of the bullshit that Gundam likes to throw in sometimes. You'll also never see battles this epic, though Last Exile and Super Dimensional Fortress Macross come close-ish. The characters are also interesting and the story moves at a good pace despite being 100something episodes long, and has plenty of twists.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1786

Also: look at the rating. and the epically huge voice cast. lol

This isn't exactly anime, but there's a recent manga that I just found today that is quite amazing. High School of the Dead. Doesn't really have anything to do with a school after the first volume, but damn is it good. It's ongoing currently and scanlated up to the 15th chapter(in the middle of the 4th volume).

This isn't exactly anime, but there's a recent manga that I just found today that is quite amazing. High School of the Dead. Doesn't really have anything to do with a school after the first volume, but damn is it good. It's ongoing currently and scanlated up to the 15th chapter(in the middle of the 4th volume).

Yeah I've seen pics of HSotD and it looks great. Will get that eventually.

Spice and Wolf is a new show, and it's kind of endearing a bit. The ending credits is sort of like Still Alive from Portal (a similarity that I am sure is less than coincidental). I think I'll get the next few episodes and see how it turns out.

And I found a site that has High School of the Dead translated. I'm reading it right now, even though I just finished binging on a bunch of zombie and Aiens Vs Predator comics last week. Seems pretty much par for the course.

I started watching "Get Backers". I never paid much attention to it but it's really more enjoyable and deep than i thought it would be.

I too just started reading High School of the Dead, would make an awesome anime. I'm gonna try to check out "spice and Wolf" also. I started watching H20 footprints in the sand, pretty cool so far.

I seem to have upset someone. For what it is worth, Seed and Wing were both rather boring stories of political intrigue and war. Maybe I just lack the attention span to get the idea but I didn't like either of them. I like UC Gundam and 0083, and that is all I really need. If you don't agree with me that is your perogative.

That seems to be the status quo for UC fanboys though. Not to say that every opinion is fanboyish, but that just appears that way. I don't see why Seed is so looked down upon when it's actually made pretty well and adheres to the Gundam story, except for the lousy second half of Destiny.

And I think Wing gets maligned for being too flamingly homosexual. I thought it definitely was one of the most unique and IMO, the 'must watch' of the Gundam lot. That includes Turn A Gundam which may be too philosophical and laid back for the typical Gundam fan it seems.

Can some more comments be made about H2O? It looked interesting then I noticed it's based off of a dating sim game...which doesn't exactly make for great anime in my opinion.

Air, Kanon, Clannad, ef, etc etc have made for amazing dating sim conversions though.

I daresay that dating sim games easily has the most engrossing and fleshed out storylines out of any single gaming genre out there, including RPGs. Which is why so many romance anime are not straight from girls' manga, but from those dating sim games.

Air, Kanon, Clannad, ef, etc etc have made for amazing dating sim conversions though.

OMG, yes they have. The only thing i have a complaint about is they have amazing, beautiful faces, but not exactly... mezmerizing bodies, should I say? I don't intend to sound like a pervert though.

According to a worst anime ever topic at a forum I frequented, Boo-boo-boo-something-something came very high atop that list. I haven't watched, nor haven't I read the manga either (cept for a page here and there), so I cannot say I have a solid opinion of it nor do I know what's it all about. But if a crowd of teenagers who watch Naruto and likes it, and thinks that Boo-Boo is terrible, then my logic tells me that Boo-Boo is in fact terrible beyond limits. True, it might be that its humor was too farfetched for them, being as random and wacky as you say it is, but it still gives me a creepy eerie feeling.

Millions of Naruto fans cannot be wrong.

I started watching "Get Backers". I never paid much attention to it but it's really more enjoyable and deep than i thought it would be.

I really must get myself to start watching this show seriously after I'm done with some unfinished series, I watched two eps while back home and I enjoyed what I saw, and yet it would become much better as the story progresses. According to my siblings at least, and so far I haven't found a reason to not trust their tips.

Except for my younger brother though, there is no way I'm gonna start watching Prince of Tennis.

The only thing i have a complaint about is they have amazing, beautiful faces, but not exactly... mezmerizing bodies, should I say? I don't intend to sound like a pervert though.

Well tough luck, cause that's exactly what you came out as. I've watched Kanon and Clannad, and making their physique more "mesmerising" would only make it cross into the dark realm of hentai.

According to a worst anime ever topic at a forum I frequented, Boo-boo-boo-something-something came very high atop that list. I haven't watched, nor haven't I read the manga either (cept for a page here and there), so I cannot say I have a solid opinion of it nor do I know what's it all about. But if a crowd of teenagers who watch Naruto and likes it, and thinks that Boo-Boo is terrible, then my logic tells me that Boo-Boo is in fact terrible beyond limits. True, it might be that its humor was too farfetched for them, being as random and wacky as you say it is, but it still gives me a creepy eerie feeling.

Millions of Naruto fans cannot be wrong.

I really must get myself to start watching this show seriously after I'm done with some unfinished series, I watched two eps while back home and I enjoyed what I saw, and yet it would become much better as the story progresses. According to my siblings at least, and so far I haven't found a reason to not trust their tips.

Except for my younger brother though, there is no way I'm gonna start watching Prince of Tennis.

Well tough luck, cause that's exactly what you came out as. I've watched Kanon and Clannad, and making their physique more "mesmerising" would only make it cross into the dark realm of hentai.

I used to say the same thing about Prince of Tennis. Though that show is fucking amazing. It's way too long though, like 200 episodes and counting. You should give it a shot at least.