Anime

Gafgarion

Then you must have never seen Zombie Loan, nothing could be worse than that.

haha I enjoyed Zombie Loan actually, and I usually don't take to shoujo stuff either. I did hate that the dude with the short hair was a tool. Story's rather wrapped up in itself too; even as it ended, there was all sorts of stuff left unexplained...

Startin' to wonder what it was I liked about the show.

Nice, anyone know how much it's going to cover? Hopefully all or at least most of the 3rd semester. I've been trying to find info on this, but all I can find is that they are releasing dvds with manga volumes 21 and 22. So is this just going to be a 2-4 episode OVA? Perhaps it'll be like between seasons 1 and 2 with an OVA and then the 3rd season in the fall. Well, the more the merrier I say.

This will probably get me lynched by the otaku out there but Macross is the absolute worse I have ever seen. Forget Darker than Black, forget Wangan Midnight, forget Devil May Cry, Macross is the worst out there.

Macross: A tale of stupidity in 1 Act. (To be read as loud as possible)

HUMANITY: OH HEY WE ARE THE EARTHLING, WE CAN HAS TEH CULTURE

TALL ALIEN PRICKS:WE ARE THE ALIEN PRICKS WHO DON'T LIKE TEH CULTURES!!

MINMEI: I'M ANNOYING!!

HUMANITY:HELP US MINMEI UR OUR ONLY HOPE

MINMEI: BLAH BLAH LOVING AND SHARING ARE GOOD 4 YOU!!

ALIEN PRICKS: EXPLODE!!!

FINUS u__u

I can't agree with Macross even on a jest. It had a pretty archetypal story, but it's still one of the best done ones of its type even way back in the early 80's. Also, some of its animation still holds well even by today's standards. That and the entire world it's based on (I agree Minmay is a slut/idiot/dolt along with that manwhore Kaifun). Actually, the show seemed to have a lot of characters to hate but I almost think that was the whole point. Which is funny since the biggest chauvinist in anime, Roy, was actually one of the most likable. That and just about every spinoff not named Macross II and Macross 7 were amazing.

And BTW, Slayers will be getting a sequel apparently. I sort of can't believe it's happening, but I'm so glad the franchise is moving forward again.

Ooh... wow.. I just watched the 1997 movie of Dog of Flanders and it just kept striking daggers into my chest.

I don't think I've seen a tragedy that just keeps going at it like it does. Such a beautiful movie. Definitely not recommended if you're feeling down though. It'll probably break you down.

I watched FLCL recently as somebody mentioned it in this thread as "bat shit crazy".so true!

It really is the most ABSURD thing ive ever watched, loved it all.

High energy hilarity, my face still hurts from watching it.

In the first 5 minutes Noata gets hit by a moped and then SPINNING!! knew i was gonna like it as soon as i saw that.

I watched FLCL recently as somebody mentioned it in this thread as "bat shit crazy".so true!

It really is the most ABSURD thing ive ever watched, loved it all.

High energy hilarity, my face still hurts from watching it.

In the first 5 minutes Noata gets hit by a moped and then SPINNING!! knew i was gonna like it as soon as i saw that.

On a related note: Do they sell the DVDs or Blu-rays of FLCL? Never seen them in Best Buy and or any other store.