Anime

Gafgarion

I've seen them all.

I rented SF2 at a videostore when i was like....7? (M rated movie!) And i was blown away because i was still a kid, and i was a big fan. Fast forward 11 years, and it was released on DVD. Man, when Ken and Ryu kicked Bison's ass i almost danced on the nearest table. Almost.

Bought the Alpha movie, and i was satisfied, but the movie left you feeling empty. At the end, you felt like no progress was made, albeit Ryu finally facing Gouki.

Alpha Generations was the reason why i had to go to the hospital. It made me cut myself. What a god-awful movie that was.

SF2V was pretty good. Silly in some things, but overall pretty standard though enjoyable. The Japanese dub is fantastic, and some fights are quite memorable.

However in general quality, Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture blows them all out of the water.

All they really need to do to make me happy is make a movie about Makoto from SF3. :P

I know someone who recently made the same switch for time reasons.

http://www.onemanga.com/

Of course, like I've already mentioned, I can most recommend One Piece, the long-runningly most popular manga in Japan (for good reason, and not just because it's in Jump). I heard Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a classic in terms of ingenuity, too (comparatively with OP). Oh yeah, and I should probably start Hajime no Ippo (an already-mentioned popular boxing series) since the anime just stops (though it seems to initially spark people's interest in the manga). All three of these are pretty similar(ly interesting).

I overall prefer anime 'cuz of music, but this site is refreshing to know about. Click on chapter pages' images to bring up subsequent pages.

Interestingly enough, that's where I go mostly when I read manga online. I've always been a book > movie type of person. I know a bunch of the series are licensed, but almost almost all of the ones I read there are either unlicensed or licensed and not yet released domestically. (Like One Piece where they are releasing it in the U.S. but I'm reading the ones that were released in Japan that week... which won't be available for purchase here for who knows how long.)

Moving along, anyone here watching H2O Footprints? Just saw the last episode, and I'm sorta shocked.

edit: Wow, there's a crapload of these Zetsubou remakes. The Dokuro-chan one made me laugh.

I just watched the finale of H2O. Very soap-operaish but I thought it was good. They could have done more of the drama though, instead of pushing it on one episode. The final minutes were pretty moving.

PS- A creepy real life version!

I just watched the finale of H2O. Very soap-operaish but I thought it was good. They could have done more of the drama though, instead of pushing it on one episode. The final minutes were pretty moving.

Those last few minutes surprised me; I thought I was gonna get School Days'ed again for sure! It was a little cornball for a bit, but I'm still glad that it ended how it did.

PS- A creepy real life version!

This is starting to reach hare hare status.

...oh shit. I need to see a "Goodbye, Mr. Kyon-kun" or something now.

So I normally don't post in this thread, but holy god has anyone been watching Gundam 00?

Like seriously wow. I need to talk about this. Just one more episode 'til October.

I think even non-Gundam fans are watching and enjoying it. Pretty impressive for what is basically a Gundam Wing overhaul. The production values are crazy too. It makes every use of the high definition video.

I think even non-Gundam fans are watching and enjoying it. Pretty impressive for what is basically a Gundam Wing overhaul. The production values are crazy too. It makes every use of the high definition video.

No wonder I can't stand 00. Every Gundam since 0083 is garbage. But by far the worst goes to SEED for going 51 episodes too long. Allow me to summarize it for you:

The Worst Moment of my Life: A Dramitazation of Gundam SEED

Main Guy: OMG!! WE ARE THE EMO!! I SHURE HOPE I DON'T GET A GIANT ROBOT TO FIGHT!!

Giant Robot: TADA!!

Annoying Chick: YOU ARE TEH HAWT!! LEMME GIT WIT CHU!!

Main Guy: NO I AM A MEMBER OF NAMBLA

*The enemy attack*

Space Captain: ARRGH!! I HAVE FALLEN OVER AND MY BOOBS BOUNCED A LOT. NOT AT ALL FANSERVICE ARRGH!!

Main Guy: LET US FIGHT THE ENEMY IN AS LITTLE OF FRAMES AS POSSSIBLE

*45 Hours go by*

Main Guy: I HAVE WON. NOW THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE ANYMORE EPISODES EVER AGAIN!

Director: O RLY?

51 Remaining Episodes: TIME FOR SUM RAEP!!!

The End.

The moment 0083 was mentioned, I knew that was the typical UC fanboy rant. Must've heard the same thing at least a hundred different times in other forums. I find that ironic since the UC shows created the definition for 'running it to the ground' with a lot of their horrible shows after Zeta. It's good thing that they moved away from it since the 80's.

No wonder I can't stand 00. Every Gundam since 0083 is garbage. But by far the worst goes to SEED for going 51 episodes too long. Allow me to summarize it for you:

The Worst Moment of my Life: A Dramitazation of Gundam SEED

Main Guy: OMG!! WE ARE THE EMO!! I SHURE HOPE I DON'T GET A GIANT ROBOT TO FIGHT!!

Giant Robot: TADA!!

Annoying Chick: YOU ARE TEH HAWT!! LEMME GIT WIT CHU!!

Main Guy: NO I AM A MEMBER OF NAMBLA

*The enemy attack*

Space Captain: ARRGH!! I HAVE FALLEN OVER AND MY BOOBS BOUNCED A LOT. NOT AT ALL FANSERVICE ARRGH!!

Main Guy: LET US FIGHT THE ENEMY IN AS LITTLE OF FRAMES AS POSSSIBLE

*45 Hours go by*

Main Guy: I HAVE WON. NOW THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE ANYMORE EPISODES EVER AGAIN!

Director: O RLY?

51 Remaining Episodes: TIME FOR SUM RAEP!!!

The End.

Agreed with Injin. Seriously, everything post Char's Counterattack in the UC century was garbage of the purest form. I tried watching some of Victory Gundam awhile ago, blech. ZZ Gundam? more like Zzz Gundam. F91? That MIGHT have had potential as a series like it was originally intended to be, but no, they condensed it into crap.

I'm not saying SEED was the best shit ever, although I did enjoy the hell out of it, and Destiny pissed me off with all that going back to Kira as the main protagonist bull(and yet was still my favorite one somehow...), but Gundam 00 is BOSS. Of this there can be no question. The only thing I can honestly think of that is wrong with it was also wrong with Gundam Wing. Too much room for yaoi.

To its credit, Gundam 00 has managed to turn my head and keep my interest held for every single episode. To a degree, SEED had that same ability, although to a lesser extent. The only time a Gundam series has been able to do that was for 08th MS Team, which I still love the hell out of.

That video brought up a lot of the best moments in Seed especially the final ship showdown. Some of the Miverva vs Archangel moments were great in Destiny too, but I haven't seen any ship versus ship battles as involving as that one in Seed. 00 ones are great too, but they didn't build it up for 50 episodes until everyone started dying.

The moment 0083 was mentioned, I knew that was the typical UC fanboy rant. Must've heard the same thing at least a hundred different times in other forums. I find that ironic since the UC shows created the definition for 'running it to the ground' with a lot of their horrible shows after Zeta. It's good thing that they moved away from it since the 80's.

Actually I really didn't care much for the UC Gundam either. I liked the "I don't have a much better robot than you" approach of UC Gundam but beyond Bonds of the Battlefield I didn't care much for it.

Speaking of hardcore otaku that really need to reevaluate thier lives, there is this like 40 year old lady who plays BotB at the arcade I frequent. I bring this up because, until her, there was this unspoken bond between myself, my friends, and the Japanese kids with whom we could not communicate with. We would leave our game card on a row of chairs and hold our place in line. We would then go and play Beatmania or Afterburner or whatever. While we were elsewhere the kids would move our cards down the row of chairs until we were the group who "had next." We in turn would do the same for them.

Now comes this lady, who looked like she had been watching Gundam since day one, and all of that multinational friendship we had built between America and Japan was washed away.

She single handly got a "game guard" stationed to make sure no one leaves their seat if they want to play something else while they wait.

Way to go old lady, way to go...

Only around a week until Code Geass season 2 and one month until Code Geass is on Adult Swim.

I don't think I ever anticipated a robot anime this much. Apparently most American/Western anime viewers too.

And I wonder if the Pizza Hut endorsements make the transition.