Anime

Gafgarion

Damn Code Geass! :/

Now I have to wait 'til October for more of what was quite possibly the best Gundam series I've ever seen...

Also, the final episode for S1 of Code Geass was oddly dyslexic. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

I agree with 00. For the first 10 episodes, it was basically a Gundam Wing ripoff and not even a great one at that, but the final 10 episodes more than made up for it. Now nobody really knows what the second half will be like.

Code Geass really ended up as a mystery and Lelouch's 'brother' Rollo is just out-of-the-blue. Everything about the show is a bit of a mystery. It's going to be fun to speculate each week.

Then there will be Macross Frontier and the whole mysterious part with the Zerg style enemies.

I don't even like robot anime especially but this year is just an overload. Maybe adding Gurren Lagann from the last year (another gossip worthy mecha anime back then), and there's at least around four possible all time great robot shows.

Thinking back, yeah, I can see why you thought it resembles Gundam Wing. Of course I haven't seen Gundam Wing since I saw it on Toonami when it first started airing, so I guess Gundam OO avoided giving me that feeling on the offset. I might get shot on sight for this, but I thought Wing was one of the weaker iterations of Gundam... It might have just been because I was younger(read as stupid) and didn't have the stomach for convoluted politics, or maybe the pacing of it was WAY off, but there was just one point in the series where I clearly remember falling asleep.

And they're gonna continue Frontier? I remember downloading the first episode only to see no more releases, so I thought they had given up on it, but I guess not.

ok i just found this topic i came to this site today looking for this years april fools joke but seems i either missed it or they didn't do one.

few anime's worth a download/purchase:

Renkin San-kyuu Magical Pokaan

lucky star (first dvd available may 2008)

meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya

Ghost Stories (dubbed)

i whatched episode 1 of lucky star...

wtf is this shit?

The general consensus on Lucky Star is that it changes very much after episode 1, so you may want to watch further and see if you start to like it.

I didn't really notice any changes myself, but I enjoyed the series, it's a good addition to the "conversational" genre with a lot of humorous topics. Like Seinfeld with little girls.

Thinking back, yeah, I can see why you thought it resembles Gundam Wing. Of course I haven't seen Gundam Wing since I saw it on Toonami when it first started airing, so I guess Gundam OO avoided giving me that feeling on the offset. I might get shot on sight for this, but I thought Wing was one of the weaker iterations of Gundam... It might have just been because I was younger(read as stupid) and didn't have the stomach for convoluted politics, or maybe the pacing of it was WAY off, but there was just one point in the series where I clearly remember falling asleep.

And they're gonna continue Frontier? I remember downloading the first episode only to see no more releases, so I thought they had given up on it, but I guess not.

I didn't care for Gundam Wing when it was first released, but watching it in fansubs, I appreciate it a lot more. Now I think it's actually one of the stronger Gundam shows out there. It's really not all that different from 00 except maybe for the two or three or four very charismatic bad guys in the mix.

I really don't think something like Wing is easily digestible for the kid audience despite them showing it on afternoons on Toonami. You're right in that there were just a whole lot of politics involved.

As for Frontier, the first ep they released was a very early director's cut that they showed for the sake of the 25th anniversary in 2007. The actual, full season will start from the finalized episode 1 (does that make sense?) until hopefully 50 episodes or so starting from April 3rd. Which is actually tomorrow, so expect fansubs to start coming out soon.

The Kids from Hot Topic: Gundam Wing in One Act

Woman Beater: ...!!

Relena, The Girl with Heart: MY NAME IS RELENA! PLEASE DON'T DRIVE THAT STOLEN AMBULANCE AWAY!!

*He Totally Does...*

Woman Beater's Gay Lover: I HAVE A HAT!!

Relena, The Girl with Heart: I SURE DO WISH WOMAN BEATER WOULD SHOW UP AGAIN!!

*He Totally Does*

Woman Beater: IMMA KILL YO FACE!!

Strangly Effeminant White Haired Guy in a Mask: I FEEL PRETTY!!

His Bitch: I WANT YOUR BOD!!

Politics: I WANT IT TOO!!

The Only Straight guy in the Show: I'M AFRAID OF BOOBS!!

The Viewers of Gundam Wing: THAT WAS THE SHIT!!

*finus*

Devilman Lady . . . one of the greatest anime ever! I think some of you kids you still watch your kiddy shows such as Sailor Moon*, Pokemon or Naturo need to take a peek at Devilman Lady. And Arika. You guys gotta watch Akira.

*ing4 someone rants that the original Sailor Moon wasn't for kids. And that's true.

Devilman Lady . . . one of the greatest anime ever! I think some of you kids you still watch your kiddy shows such as Sailor Moon*, Pokemon or Naturo need to take a peek at Devilman Lady. And Arika. You guys gotta watch Akira.

*ing4 someone rants that the original Sailor Moon wasn't for kids. And that's true.

Already had a mind **** with Narutaru and both the Higurashi series had its moments. The ones I mention look kiddy, but are they really?

The Kids from Hot Topic: Gundam Wing in One Act

Relena, The Girl with Heart: MY NAME IS RELENA! PLEASE DON'T DRIVE THAT STOLEN AMBULANCE AWAY!!

*He Totally Does...*

Woman Beater's Gay Lover: I HAVE A HAT!!

Relena, The Girl with Heart: I SURE DO WISH WOMAN BEATER WOULD SHOW UP AGAIN!!

*He Totally Does*

Woman Beater: IMMA KILL YO FACE!!

Strangly Effeminant White Haired Guy in a Mask: I FEEL PRETTY!!

His Bitch: I WANT YOUR BOD!!

Politics: I WANT IT TOO!!

The Only Straight guy in the Show: I'M AFRAID OF BOOBS!!

The Viewers of Gundam Wing: THAT WAS THE SHIT!!

*finus*

Your Gundam summaries don't make sense or seem to have much relevance to the shows you summarize.

Your Gundam summaries don't make sense or seem to have much relevance to the shows you summarize.

That is he point. I got so fed up with how much I didn't like the show, I start making up what is really going on. Everyone lives in a strange bizarro universe where everyone screams thier lines and nothing is as it seems.

Maybe I'm just really impatiant (Probably why I didn't like Lost Oddessy).

For me, if an anime doesn't have anything happen in the first three episodes, I tend to not like the show.

Higurashi is FAR from kiddy.

It's much more akin to something out of a closet lolicon psychopath.

I wasn't saying Higurashi was kiddy but merely trying to point out while it may seem like a 'childish' show at first, it's far from it. But you know, for some weird ass reason, I cannot tolerate Elfen Lied yet Claymore is fine with me...

You didn't like Elfen Lied? That series had it all!! It had grusome deaths, horrific incest, and a kid with a Batman shirt.

What did Claymore have? Not a kid with a Batman shirt, that is for true.

The violence in Elfen Lied wasn't to my liking. I wasn't trying to say Claymore was better than it. My bad for the misunderstanding. I suppose Elfen Lied was too gruesome for me to tolerate I suppose yet it's strange because I easily watched Akira when I was young and Higurashi wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, lol.

Genshiken kicked ass! Just finished watching it and Gundam Wing...oh the irony.

In a way you really should watch Genshiken together with Gundam Wing and Kujibiki Unbalance.

And after that you should watch NHK ni yokoso! (also known as Welcome to the N.H.K.!) and get depressed and happy all over again.

Bah, I just can't get myself to watch the popular series though.. never seen gundam, cowboy bebop, bleach, fullmetal alchemist or whatever :/ but honestly I can't see anyway they could be better than Genshiken >:)

Bah, I just can't get myself to watch the popular series though.. never seen gundam, cowboy bebop, bleach, fullmetal alchemist or whatever :/ but honestly I can't see anyway they could be better than Genshiken >:)

Comparing Fullmetal Alchemist to Genshiken is like comparing Star Wars and Clerks.

They're just different kinds of shows. You're missing out.

Comparing Fullmetal Alchemist to Genshiken is like comparing Star Wars and Clerks.

They're just different kinds of shows. You're missing out.

well you ARE the man who thoroughly enjoyed and recommended Zero no Tsukaima so I guess I can trust you. Gotta finish Shaman King first. Sadly I got a few fansubs by Rice-box and they are nowhere near as good (quality and sub) as Soldats so I'm rechecking for a few episodes.

I'll get back to you

Genshiken was really good for what little of the story they've covered. My roommates always gave me strange looks as I sat there laughing as I watched. Until, that is, they started watching themselves and either enjoyed it with me or just chalked it up to anime references they didn't know.