Anime

Gafgarion

Holy run-on sentences, Batman!

So I saw the first episode of Vampire Knight. It's definitely got that whole bishoujo feel that them Japanese girls are into, but being that I'm totally gaga for anything occult, especially vampire stuff, so I'm a happy camper with it.

Well if your into occult bishoujo Mal, I would recommend Karin, the story of a vampire girl who inject blood instead of drinking it.

YES, watch it, if at least for the incredible first episode.

Also, it's going to be a shonen/fighting type of show, so it should be a relative easy-to-digest type of show unless you have a deep seated hatred for that type of show. I can watch Naruto fillers without flinching (not too much anyway..) and besides, Studio Bones is doing Soul Eater, so it's bound to be pretty consistent.

I found the art style very unique and liked it quite a bit, as well as the music.

I second the recommendation for everyone to watch it.

Quite literally, it's so awesome it's painful. :P

Seriously, there are NO holds barred anymore(which isn't to say that there ever were). It's pretty much anyone's guess as to what's gonna happen with everyone now.

I love this.

I have yet to watch it, but I was spoiled. The show is just unembarrassingly bold in its approach, I can simply say 'fuck you' to all the people who hound this series. It seems the writers of the show is saying a huge fuck you too. I still don't consider myself some sort of a "Geass fan" who digs into all the Nordic/European backstories and philosophical warfare going on, but this show almost puts Gundam 00 to shame with how much each episode packs in the developments.

I'm not gonna hound Code Geaus because I thought it sucked. I just didn't like it. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way. Like a guy you instantly hate the first time you meet him.

All subjectivity. I really haven't seen many shows put so much into production values and let director Taniguchi Goro run amok like that. If he irked some people, then that means he succeeded in making something that truly stands out. It's almost like with Gurren Lagann. Some people will definitely be irked by the bold direction.

That said, I find it hard to find too many points of criticism for the new season of Macross Frontier except the opening and ending goes from something like 'okay' to 'this sucks'. Even Macross 7 had awesome songs in comparison.

To those that haven't heard yet, the last few minutes of the 3rd episode of Code Geass was leaked along with the preview to the 4th episode by what seems to be by one of the staff members, who's arrested now from what's been said.

There are several things Sunrise might do including the worse case scenario of redoing episode 3, which would result in a 2+ week wait in my estimation and the most likely situation considering the nature and presentation of Code Geass imo so far for both this season and last.

I wish they just ignore it all and just air it as planned. It's too bad it happened, but the guy was arrested. Wasn't that enough?

I think the show might be getting too popular for its own good when people are starting to leak it like they kept trying to do for Star Wars and Lord of the Rings movies.

This all just confuses me.

1)Why would they redo the episode for 6 leaked minutes? Has this happened before in the anime industry or just silly fan speculation?

2)Why would you leak only six minutes?

3)Why would anyone want to see those six minutes? It's not even the first six (thus losing context) and it isn't like there is a huge time gap between the episodes.

3)Why would anyone want to see those six minutes? It's not even the first six (thus losing context) and it isn't like there is a huge time gap between the episodes.
I don't see why anyone would actually want to wait a week for only 20 minutes of action. It's like masturbating for the first 10 seconds of every minute but then resting the other 50: you aren't going to get anywhere. To really get into the mood of watching an anime I like to binge watch, or watch it all in a few days. So although I've already seen the first ep. of CG2, I'll most likely not watch anymore until they complete the season, and then watch the whole thing in a couple of days.

I don't see why anyone would actually want to wait a week for only 20 minutes of action. It's like masturbating for the first 10 seconds of every minute but then resting the other 50: you aren't going to get anywhere. To really get into the mood of watching an anime I like to binge watch, or watch it all in a few days. So although I've already seen the first ep. of CG2, I'll most likely not watch anymore until they complete the season, and then watch the whole thing in a couple of days.

Anime is an episodic medium. So, it makes sense to watch it episodically. A show like Death Note wouldn't have been half as fun without the suspense each week. It gives me something to get hyped up over all week, and my friends and I probably spend several hours each week discussing an episode with one another. I haven't watched an anime by myself in forever, so I always get to have fun discussions about it speculating on what is going to happen, who is awesome, or who is no longer awesome. One episode at a time is also pretty easy to coordinate among three schedules. Plus you get to do fun things, like when Code Geass premiered we went and got some Pizza Hut pizza to eat with the episode.

I don't see why anyone would want to wait two years for a new two hour movie.

I don't see why anyone would want to wait a week for a new episode of House.

I don't see why anyone would wait until 10 every night to watch the news.

I don't see why anyone would wait two months for the next volume of this manga.

I don't see why i should go on, my point is there.

The thing with leaking a few minutes in Code Geass is a bit of a special case since that show depends so much on the buzz and the gossip around 'what's going to happen next?' each and every week.

I'd imagine heads would have rolled if the final six minutes of the entire series was leaked instead. But even with that small 5 minute leak, a lot of things were revealed already.

Getting arrested for leaking stuff out huh? I don't know why this is such a big deal, the show ain't even that good anyway.

And I'm not a hater.

It's one of the most popular anime in Japan right now and regardless of opinions, it is very well made and they pumped millions into its production.

Also, it seems the actual 'arrested' part might have been all rumor. But it was true that 5 minutes of the show was leaked.

So I take it there won't be an episode 3 this week?

Um...no Code Geass will be airing as usual. It's not like because a 1/3 of it got uploaded they are now missing it or something.

It turns out this was all an accident. The guy who did it was testing some sort of program that prevents people from doing what he did.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-16/unaired-code-geass-episode-ending-leaked-by-accident