Anime

Gafgarion

Having watched it, I can not see why anyone would buy it. It's only a few extras, it doesn't change the story, and they want too much for what little it offers.

Only die-hard Evangelion fans are going to get it, and how many of those are still around? Of course, fanboys will buy anything from their favorite series, so why am I even bother asking? :roll:

Indeed. If there's one thing to be sure about SciFi/Fantasy/Anime fans, it's that we all carry a certain degree of obsessive-compulsion when it comes to collecting things. We're completists.

You know I've never really liked Evangelion all that much. I always thought the context and story were rather pathetic in all honesty. In truth, I appreciated Martian Successor Nadesico in areas where I did not enjoy Evangelion - good story and cool characters. The only thing I ever appreciated about Evangelion were the action scenes. The ending, on the other hand, was just plain stupid.

Also, is it just me or does anybody else get sick of all the whiny characters in Evangelion? At least in Nadesico the only whiny character was Akito, though he eventually works his way out of it for the most part.

Also, is it just me or does anybody else get sick of all the whiny characters in Evangelion? At least in Nadesico the only whiny character was Akito, though he eventually works his way out of it for the most part.

ITT the first person ever to think Evangelion characters were "whiny".

//sarcasm

I'm more turned off by Hideaki Anno's pretentiousness in regards to Evangelion and how he made The End of Evangelion as a slap to all the fans, more or less, according to his own words.

It's still a pretty revolutionary show in its own right, but that's just like the snobby arthouse fanatics who worship Walt Disney's Fantasia nowadays. I won't deny that they have a lot of things going for it. But once you keep elevating it above any and all other shows, I just find that hard to follow.

Hold the phone! An Eva discussion without me? That just ain't right. Now I'm no fanboy (yes I am), but Eva did kinda suck at the end, but the movie was good in it's own right.

I agree. The last two episodes, about 2 minutes of shit happened in real time, the rest was just Shinji asking who am I? and random words being displayed.

Shamefully, I havent seen the movie.

You guys realize that the movie series is going to end differently than the TV series. From what I heard and saw so far, the Rebuild is all the Eva without the emo.

Well... without most of the emo. Shinji is still there...

Anyways, I enjoyed the first Rebuild and look forward to the next one, especially if they follow through on what they said about the ending.

"Give a Reason" Slayers, 2nd season opening, original sung by Megumi Hayashibara.

Probably in my top 5 of OP/ED list of all time, easily. Loved that show too.

Fuck, I only saw his post because you quoted it. I could have called that song in a heartbeat. <3 the remix, though.

Also if you like Give A Reason, check out AReason on animeremix.org. It's... pretty fucking awesome.

It's been too long since I had a couple of free days to sit down and watch an entire anime series, and that's where I need your help. I'm looking for a good anime to watch, something with a dark edge preferably, like Deathnote, Code Geass, or Vampire Knight. Anything with lots of action is also good, like Samurai Champloo or Gurren Lagann. And please avoid mentioning stuff you would to a newbie like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, or Fullmetal Alchemist because it's I've already seen those. Uhh, yea, that's about it. HAJIME!

You guys realize that the movie series is going to end differently than the TV series. From what I heard and saw so far' date=' the Rebuild is all the Eva without the emo.[/quote']

Now if only they'd remake The Catcher in the Rye without all the emo and angst. Then, and only then, would we have a true masterpiece of literature. Maybe Holden could even say a witty catchphrase after he kicks the pimp's ass.

• 3 weeks later...

So is anyone else incredibly pissed that Leouch seems to be becoming a decent human being in Code Geass. Personally, I wish someone would shove Nunnally over a cliff and drive Lelouch over the edge. I miss episode 23 Lelouch that destroyed the Tokyo Settlement and talking about how he simply wanted to destroy things.

I'm a junior in college now, and I have to say I haven't had the desire to watch any anime since I was a junior in high school. That said, I always really liked the more psychological (and/or crazy and/or philosophical) stuff out there. My favorites are pretty common due to Adult Swim: FLCL, Paranoia Agent, and Blue Gender.

Anybody else really like Blue Gender? It never generated much of a following, but I loved it.

I just wish they'd kill off Nina. God I seriously hate that crazy fugly lesbian whose sole role is to be the crazy bitch that pisses me off. What a wasted character.

But so far they've managed to keep that "Holy crap I wanna see next week's episode NOW!" vibe, although admittedly it's been rather light over the past few episodes.

I just wish they'd kill off Nina. God I seriously hate that crazy fugly lesbian whose sole role is to be the crazy bitch that pisses me off. What a wasted character.

Really? Why?

2ecn9r9.png

Naw, but seriously. I don't think I've ever hated an anime character this much. I'm hoping she finds out she's actually Japanese and hangs herself from a table, or something, ASAP.

It's not even that I hate her. I mean, as long as you feel SOMETHING towards a character, be it loathing or appreciation, it means the creators made a good character. But Nina... They could have created Code Geass without her character entirely. She serves NO purpose other than being the random _insert Japanese racist_ moment. Her appearances are just as random and pointless, so why not just do away with her entirely?

Nina rounds out the school cast. It would be quite abnormal if everyone was important in LL's circle of friends. Most groups of friends have one annoying girl in them (just like Rivalz fills out the unconfident supporting male).

Also, LL's version of "good" is not all that "good". His ethics are not based on morals but protecting a circle of friends (with that vengeful tinge). Anyone outside that circle is merely a pawn, whose only protection is that a chess-master only sacrifices pawns for particular ends.

Does anyone else thing that Kaiba just got a little too crazy? They were doing superbly until just recently.

Nina rounds out the school cast. It would be quite abnormal if everyone was important in LL's circle of friends. Most groups of friends have one annoying girl in them (just like Rivalz fills out the unconfident supporting male).

Also, LL's version of "good" is not all that "good". His ethics are not based on morals but protecting a circle of friends (with that vengeful tinge). Anyone outside that circle is merely a pawn, whose only protection is that a chess-master only sacrifices pawns for particular ends.

Does anyone else thing that Kaiba just got a little too crazy? They were doing superbly until just recently.

Geass is still very good, but it's almost getting too convoluted with all the personality allegories and connections. I mean, even Orange jumped ship.

And yeah, Kaiba is getting a good dose of Deus Ex Machina in its storytelling. It was all lowkey and very artistic, but now it's like Star Wars on steroids.

Yeah they really polished up Code Geass R2 by:

1. Ending each episode with a cliffhanger (like LOST)

2. Getting rid of that animation everytime a Geass was used (this was a huge lowpoint for Season 1)

A+++, would watch again though.

• 1 month later...

I've started combining TV with exercise and as a result I'm doing a lot more of both. But I HATE simply watching tv to watch it.

Anyways, I need another anime series or two. Currently, I've little interest in Shonen or the absurdly long (I already have Bleach and Naruto for that).

Mostly I'm interested in the equivalent of a drama right now--or something intelligent/profound. I wouldn't mind something in the vein of: Death Note, Ergo Proxy, Simoun, Basilisk, Vampire Knight or Kaiba (before it went crazy).

Any suggestions would be appreciated...well almost any.

I've started combining TV with exercise and as a result I'm doing a lot more of both. But I HATE simply watching tv to watch it.

Anyways, I need another anime series or two. Currently, I've little interest in Shonen or the absurdly long (I already have Bleach and Naruto for that).

Mostly I'm interested in the equivalent of a drama right now--or something intelligent/profound. I wouldn't mind something in the vein of: Death Note, Ergo Proxy, Simoun, Basilisk, Vampire Knight or Kaiba (before it went crazy).

Any suggestions would be appreciated...well almost any.

I juyst got done with the ninja scroll series and liked it. However the original movie was 90 minutes and totally whooped the shit out of the series. If youre a nerd then case closed will provide intelligent material as long as you can put up with a pretentious 5 year old for 512 episodes. Ah too long I guess. My best reccomendation would be AFRO SAMURAI because SAMUEL L JACKSON. pm if you have trouble finding...things