Anime

Gafgarion

I just finished watching Gurren Lagann and now I don't know what to watch. Anybody wanna recommend me some animes that will make me laugh?

Soul Eater is very good and has really good animation. I just watched the first episode of Hyakko and it made me laugh more than most new anime premiers. That one could be good too.

The first new episode of 00 season 2 was indeed bliss, though there's a lot of great new stuff out this season. I found this picture over the vast internet detailing the shows out this fall:

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fall2008seasonpreviewfidr5.jpg

But yes, Gundam 00 has got to have some of the better fights in Gundam history...next to Gundam Zeta! I love Zeta with a passion.

Yeah, the list includes everything. Like, all audiences. I maybe only 'attempt' 5-8 shows and stick with like...whatever's good.

but its nice to see whats coming out like this, sometimes things can air, you may like it, but never even know it existed. This helps...somewhat. I only seem to find these for Fall and winter seasons. I guess I'm too busy in Spring//Summer to look.

This seasons so far has unexpectedly been very good.

Hyakko (Azumanga-lite), Clannad, ef, Shugo Chara, Bounen no Xam, Casshern, Tales of the Abyss, etc etc. I don't need to introduce Gundam 00 or Nodame Cantabile to anyone. And there's even other really good watches. Kannagi looks like it'll be a lot of fun too.

I think the funniest and potentially the most unique one is One Outs, which basically combines serious gambling with baseball. Really weird but really fun. Also has that old Akagi/Kaiji feel.

And speaking of comedy series, I think Detroit Metal City is easily one of the funniest anime running right now. Basically a much more digestible version of Metalocalpyse. Also its two-episodes-per format makes it seem like oldschool cartoons.

Toradora proved to be really good show from the second episode. The first ep was all introductions and nothing much. Ep2 had way more comedy and relevant drama. Also Casshern is turning out into a classic from the looks of episode 2.

Also, what's with anime openings and endings having chiptune music? It's all the rage nowadays.

It's not that chiptunes are all the rage with anime. It is more that budget cuts are all the rage with anime nowadays.

I mean would it kill some of them to have more than the choppy 2/fps that most have.

It's not just that either. Most shows can't be bothered for the normal 13 eps and most have 12 episodes or even only 10. In the 90's, most anime were at least the standard 26 episodes long. But now, they barely sputter to episode 24 or 25.

But I still do think chiptunes is all the range with anime openings and endings though.

It's awesome, but it's like they caught onto a trend and aren't letting go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxtg7KEuuSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsPhy5jY58

As for Casshern, the study on the extinction of robots is sort of like looking into what humans will devolve down to (ZOMBIES!) when faced with the prospect of certain death. It's quite ironic really. And easily one of the best anime running right now.

• 5 months later...

Bump with some news :o

Dragon Ball Kai

---------------------------------

From Wikipedia:

"In February 2009, Toei announced that they would begin rebroadcasting Dragon Ball Z as part of the series' 20th anniversary celebrations. The series premiered on April 5, 2009, under the name Dragon Ball Kai, with the episodes remastered for HDTV, featuring updated opening and ending sequences, and a rerecording of the vocal tracks by the original cast.[38][39] They were also re-edited to more closely follow the manga, resulting in a faster moving story, and damaged frames removed.[40] As such, it is a "new" series created from the original Dragon Ball Z footage."

And the new OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvupMV9su4

I'm pretty excited about this. The first episode has already been subbed, and it's pretty spiffy so far.

New Full Metal Alchemist began airing recently with the first episode out this week.

I don't wanna dash any hopes of an actual sequel, but from the way thing looks it's a reboot, which is no problem to me because it's still FMA and they're still calling Ed short.

I dunno if I'll want to watch it now or if I'll just wait 'til Funimation gets the dub out. This was one of the animes that I really preferred the dub over the sub.