Anime

Gafgarion

I don't wanna dash any hopes of an actual sequel, but from the way thing looks it's a reboot, which is no problem to me because it's still FMA and they're still calling Ed short.

From what everybody's tellin' me, the new FMA's hopefully going to actually follow through with Arakawa's manga storyline and completely ignore the trainwreck that was the old series. If truth, then I'm totally stoked.

Have you seen the FMA movie? I guess you can pass that off as a trippy sequel that makes no sense.

for everyone who gets all pissy because the original series differed from the manga: the story actually differed at arakawa's request, and while she didn't do any actual writing, the alternate story did have her direct input

for everyone who gets all pissy because the original series differed from the manga: the story actually differed at arakawa's request, and while she didn't do any actual writing, the alternate story did have her direct input
It makes perfect sense. The anime was just fine on its own.

That said, I'm very excited about seeing some of the new manga stuff in the new series. I just hope some of the old music (like Bratja) carries over to the new show. One of the best songs ever.

What they said.

Can someone tell me what the attraction of FMA was? Seriously, I didn't see it. They set up all these rules of alchemy only to ignore them continually, the only characters that weren't obnoxious they killed off (here's looking at you, Hughes!), the villains were protected by plotshield of epic proportions, and they reused the exact same plot twist no less than three times. (The philosopher's stone? Made of people. Homunculi? Made of people!! All of alchemy?! Made of peeeeeople! From another dimension! And oh, wait, those talking chimera? Made of people. Twice. So that's four times.)

The best episode in the series was the one that focused on Mustang's minions and the haunted warehouse thing. When the most entertaining thing that happens in the series is when they completely ignore the main characters for a while, you've done something dreadfully wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Umm, guys? My jaw just dropped through the floor. I don't know how popular this is, but I just saw it a minute ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1J_OhGaI0

Somebody animated final fantasy vi characters into the full metal alchemist theme song.

Old. Actually, it came out recently and it's pretty damn well done for a fan work.

FMA is like one of the very few anime of this decade that I actually enjoyed watching but I have missed out on a lot of it so whatever.

I've been itching to see "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suyzawhatsherface" for a while. Is it really a good series or is it just bullshit hype?

This is a godblessed big topic.

Nevertheless, I want to throw Ichigo Mashimaro in there. I can't figure out what it is, but I cannot stop watching it. It speaks to me and fills a void in my life that will forever be present until one of those pussy assassins actually luck out.

Its not an easy to appreciate series/manga. Its cute, slice-of-life that doesn't have a single thing standing out for it other than a spotless series of soundtracks, but anyone who appreciates Charlie Brown and, dare I say, the artistic aspects of David Lynch will appreciate this series.

OVA Encore brought tears to my eyes. I can die happy now.

I don't know if I'm supposed to provide links or something, but episodes exist on Youtube always. I'd start there to see if its your thing or not.

I'm sure more people than you and DarkeSword liked FMA, but they unlike you don't have to trumpet their opinion every five seconds.

Excuse me if that sounds like a flame, Luke, because it is. :nicework:

I simply think most of us feel that it's absolutely unnecessary to list everything we like down to the episode number, name, and timestamp.

A lot of us enjoy watching stuff a lot more than we enjoy talking about watching stuff, yes?

I don't know about you guys but I'm not watching anything this season. Nothing has really caught my eye. I sort of forgot about the new FMA, I guess since it isn't really new I didn't get pumped about it.

Man, Gundam 00 seemed promising at the end of its first season but ended up a piece of shit. Hey, let's stop developing the characters and make them totally unrelatable and solve all the world's problems with magic mind particle BS. Lame!

I don't know about you guys but I'm not watching anything this season. Nothing has really caught my eye. I sort of forgot about the new FMA, I guess since it isn't really new I didn't get pumped about it.

I started watching Guin Saga yesterday. I had no idea wtf it was about so I wiki'd it, and when I found out that the music was being done by Nobuo Uematsu, I was all over it.