Anime

Gafgarion

Gundam's been going downhill for awhile. I liked a few characters in SEED Destiny, but it was pretty mediocre.

Ok that's just being nice. It was pretty much bloody terrible.

Gundam 00 S2 was the final nail in the coffin for me. So damned lame. I'm pretty sure the only Gundam series that I've thoroughly enjoyed was Gundam 08th MS Team, and it was pretty much due to the lack of anyone younger than 18 save one character.

Anyway, so is there any new anime currently airing that any of you would recommend? No strange combination of school/loli stuff please.

At least 00 season 2 had some incredible action. Otherwise, it tried to copy too much from the overtly angsty Zeta, so the end result is more dead-end angst. The movie can redeem things because it'll probably move forward in the overall story and maybe even try something new.

As for the best shows right now... K-On is pretty good, but maybe a bit cliche with all the girls-having-fun-at-school theme. But Phantom- Requiem for the Phantom is seriously good. Though that title sounds redundant..

K-On's got an actual continuing storyline though, unlike your typical Slice-of-Azulucky-DaiStarOh-Life. The whole "we're trying to make this music club successful" focuses the series a little more so you don't end up with a lengthy dissertation on how to eat a chocolate coronet.

I like K-On a lot, especially the ending credits animation. Hot.

Yeah, it has a story, though it feels a lot more like Manabi Straight with the overall goal in place and the slice of life drama taking place.

Watching the more recent episodes, Kyoto Animation did a really great job of it. The feel of the comedy just feels so natural. And yeah, the ED is excellent girls-band video.

Read the manga for Naruto and saw Haruhi twice. When the hell do they plan on making season 2?

I think it is in development hell. The original creator of Haruhi is apparently pissed off about whatever little amount of money he made from the show and licenses spawned off the show to the point where the book series has been held up as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is ironic. After everybody thinking the Haruhi season 2 project was in jeopardy, they just released a first episode of the season 2...

Pretty decent episode and maybe a bit too Haruhi-esque. It didn't come with an opening animation/song.

Wow, this is ironic. After everybody thinking the Haruhi season 2 project was in jeopardy, they just released a first episode of the season 2...

Pretty decent episode and maybe a bit too Haruhi-esque. It didn't come with an opening animation/song.

I saw it on animesuki, but I thought it was that dumb-looking chibi version.

Is it?

They might have rushed the release just to shock everyone. Most anime that doesn't come with an opening song tends to add them on later on.

Considering they've had three years to work on the thing, I somehow doubt it. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part 6 didn't have the opening theme either, and it was (according to the original broadcast order) the last episode. At any rate, I loved the episode and am looking forward to Disappearance, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Melancholy of Mikuru, as well as a handful of others.

Well, they DID have to wait for the novel to continue, so I don't think they exactly worked on it straight. Also they were pretty busy with Clannad, K-ON and other shows before it. They are not exactly a heavy duty animation studio. They usually only do about 2 shows simultaneously, max.

• 2 months later...
The only really good dub is the dub for Mad Bull 34

anyone who hasn't seen that yet REALLY SHOULD

it is major lulz

Why are people saying that, "lulz"? It's a stupid overused word, it also sounds stupid. Today it's now even more used! STOP IT, YOU SUCK BALLS! Won't come back here, all insults will never reach me. Anime sucks, and I have the best avatar.

Why are people saying that, "lulz"? It's a stupid overused word, it also sounds stupid. Today it's now even more used! STOP IT, YOU SUCK BALLS! Won't come back here, all insults will never reach me. Anime sucks, and I have the best avatar.

And this is why we shouldn't give the special needs equal treatment like other disabled groups.

That or some other bored child have nothing better to do with his life.

Or my third theory: He just got his remix rejected and created an alternate account for the lulz.

In my opinion, Standalone Complex is better than the Mamoru Oshii interpretations of the manga, it's also a more accurate translation from Shirow's manga to TV [and the one SAC movie, Solid State Society, which is amazing]. However, they're both so different that they might as well be different stories and characters entirely. The Major, for example, has an entirely different personality in the Oshii films, which in general are much more slowly paced and philosophical, and require that the viewer has some sort of brain with an actual attention span used while watching [typical Oshii]. However, the TV adaptation, directed by Kenji Kamiyama, is much more focused on being sexy cool action, which it does extremely well. You're doing yourself a disservice by not watching both, really. You should probably also read the manga, which is probably available in the Netherlands for you to buy [or whatever else]