ReMix: Sonic 3D Blast "Rusty Fingers"
Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on
7,287,465 bytes, 5:01, 192kbps
- Game: Sonic 3D Blast (Sega, 1996, GEN)
- ReMixer(s): Dr. Manhattan
- Composer(s): Howard Drossin, Jun Senoue, Masaru Setsumaru, Seirou Okamoto, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Yukifumi Makino
- Song(s): "Mystic Cave Zone", "Rusty Ruin Zone: Act 2"
- Posted: 2013-02-19, evaluated by djpretzel
- Terms (BETA): aggressive electric-guitar funky rock
Seems like we JUST posted Damon's Sonic 3D Blast ReMix, but that was the SATURN version, and as VGM afficionados know, the GENESIS version is a different ballgame, by different (Japanese) composers. They're BOTH good soundtracks, which makes it a peculiar case of seemingly unnecessary efforts, but the end result was more great VGM for everyone involved, plus the Genesis score is probably better-suited to the hardware. Dr. Manhattan expands his repertoire of excellent arrangements & varied source tunes with this rock jam that's got heavier, hard-rockier bits but also some lighter-hearted passages more akin to funk. It's a pretty conservative take, initially, but look to the latter bits for some excellent personalization in the form of some really fun drum fills and of course amazing work on lead guitar. One could almost get a little spoiled listening to all of Hugo's mixes and start taking all that shredding & technique for granted - he's got consistently impressive chops, with production to match. Great stuff, not much else to say!