Album: Mega Man X: Maverick Rising
- Game Composers
- Ippo Yamada, Janne Da Arc, Kento Hasegawa, Kinuyo Yamashita, Luna Umegaki, Makoto Asai, Makoto Tomozawa, Manami Matsumae, Masaki Suzuki, Masanobu Kiyose, Mosquito Milk, Naoto Tanaka, Naoya Furutani, Nittoku Inoue, Nobuhiko Kashiwara, Noriyuki Iwadare, Seiko Kobuchi, Setsuo Yamamoto, Shinichi Itakura, Shinya Okada, Showtaro Morikubo, Shuichi Mizohata, Spinwake, Takahiro Tashiro, Takashi Tateishi, Takuya Miyawaki, Teruo Konishi, Tetsuji Hayashi, Toshihiko Horiyama, Yuki Iwai, Yuko Komiyama, Yuko Takehara, Yuri Godai, corin.
- Avaris, BONKERS, Bahamut, Brandon Strader, Cyril the Wolf, DJ SymBiotiX, Diggi Dis, Dr. Manhattan, Emunator, Ergosonic, Fishy, Gario, Hemophiliac, Jewbei, Joshua Morse, Level 99, M-H, Monobrow, Omni-Psyence, PrototypeRaptor, Protricity, Sixto Sounds, Skummel Maske, Torzelan, Vurez, WillRock, ansgaros, bLiNd, halc, k-wix, melody, prophetik, zyko
Composers are Noriyuki Iwadare & Yuki Iwai.
Noriyuki Iwadare specifically composed X7's Wind Crowrang stage theme (listed as "Higher The Air~Air Force Stage" on the OST). http://vgmdb.net/album/2179 and http://www.squareenixmusic.com/composers/iwadare/biography.shtml for details.
- Kaleb.G on February 24, 2013
With that you can completely remove Makoto Asai and Shuichi Mizohata.
Additionally, given that Hasegawa was in charge of Maverick Hunter X and did all the cinematic music (which naturally includes allusions to Vile's Theme for his story), you can also get rid of Shinya Okada and Seiko Kobuchi.
- sephiroth1wa on November 16, 2012
- Bahamut on August 23, 2012
- Metal Man on August 21, 2012
- jnWake on August 17, 2012
Bahamut;877514 wrote: Thanks everyone for the comments so far! I read them every now and then :) , and appreciate them greatly (even any negative commentary).
Here's a little random tidbit - the name of the album Maverick Rising came out of me recalling the Judas Priest song [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jazmdoxlpY"]Judas Rising[/URL], and just the thought of a maverick assault rampaging through made Maverick Rising such a natural name to me.
As a testament to how great Maverick Rising was (everything I'd hoped for, but I can't judge it in comparison to the public hype), I came up with another pipe dream... a Maverick Rising volume 2 that includes, but is far from limited to, ReMixes of Launch Octopus, Flame Mammoth, Wire Sponge, Toxic Seahorse, Volt Catfish, Web Spider, Storm Owl, Split Mushroom, Jet Stingray, and Magma Dragoon. The project would require all of those 10 Mavericks to be ReMixed in either 1 or 2 tracks, with free selection amongst the other tracks, with not yet ReMixed pieces encouraged, and a total of 3 discs (30 to 45 tracks) if a 4th disc would make things too difficult.
- GTAHater836 on August 17, 2012
Here's a little random tidbit - the name of the album Maverick Rising came out of me recalling the Judas Priest song Judas Rising, and just the thought of a maverick assault rampaging through made Maverick Rising such a natural name to me.
- Bahamut on August 17, 2012
- Jondy on June 4, 2012
- Hipnotyk on April 14, 2012
- Adriel_Trigger on April 9, 2012
- Cerrax on April 6, 2012
- Kadosho on April 4, 2012
"@KinuyoYamashita Hey, I directed a Mega Man X series tribute album which includes X3 music that I think you'd enjoy! http://maverick.ocremix.org/"
Kinuyo Yamashita山下絹代 ‏ @KinuyoYamashita
"@BahamutWC I really enjoyed it."
Right there is the composer to Megaman X3 as well as a few other games approving of this album, you can't do much better then that.
- psychowolf on April 2, 2012
- GravitySuitCollector on April 2, 2012
This album took me 2 days to listen to due to so many songs.
First of all i gotta agree with kyle below about Cyril the wolf in crushing gravity, dude i gotta say when i heard that scream, it blew me out of my chair, i was stunned, well done sir.
There's many great songs from this album but the greatest thing about this album is that it includes remixers who don't seem to have any posted remixes on OCR, such as BONKERS, ergosonic and M-H who i know from DoD, as well as those who seem to be newcomers such as washudoll, krow, brandon snell and devastus.
As for the use of soundclips, i personally feel they add to the songs
This albums greatest achievement however is bringing the plaid muffins back together, guys you don't realize how additive that song is, i end up randomly singing it at work.
All in all a great album all round, so great that it makes me want to go through the entire series, to experience it myself, and to me that is a mark of a truly inspiring remix album.
- psychowolf on March 28, 2012