"What? Go to hell!? I just came back from there!!"
For a more in-depth history of Lord Raptor, see Lord Raptor (extended). [contains spoilers]
Born in 1889, the Australian Lord Raptor was what one would call "less than friendly" while he was alive. But his murderous life comes in handy later, as it enables him to lead a similarly deadly afterlife. Capturing the attention of Ozomu, one of the Demon Kings of Makai (the Devil World), Lord Raptor is resurrected some twenty years after his death by said Demon King. However, this gift comes at a price, for Raptor must serve Ozomu and rid Makai of Darkstalkers. Before setting out, Raptor gains a couple of things. The first is a newfound love for metal music, which he not only listens to, but also plays. The second is a small blob of a sidekick named Le Malta that at times mimics and cheers for him. But thrashing out tunes must wait until they've fulfilled Ozomu's command.
In his battles, Lord Raptor uses his new powers to make his zombie flesh stretch and twist into unnatural appendages. Not content with simply punching and kicking, he morphs his arms, legs and even his torso into deadly weapons of flesh and bone. Long blades, rotating saws, gaping maws... they all tear into his opponents. But just as these flesh-bound weapons help serve him, so does he serve Ozomu... but for how long?
Selected game appearances
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (1994)
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995)
- Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge (1997)
- Vampire Savior: Jedah's Damnation (1997)
- Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (1997)
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (1998)
- GameFan Books - "Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge" guide
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge instruction manual