Showcasing a red gi and blond hair, Ken Masters loves standing out as an American martial artist in Japan. There, he trained with Ryu under the same master, learning discipline and the deadly art of Ansatsuken. Fulfilling the "player two" role in Street Fighter, Ken matches Ryu move for move; while Ken's individuality evolves throughout the series, they remain each other's toughest rivals.
The rich son of owners of a hotel chain, Ken lives the high life in sports cars and nightclubs, or he sometimes chills with his lover, Eliza. In tournaments, he never fails to boast to his defeated opponents about the power behind his stylized moves. His wide-ranging Shoryuken strikes multiple times while leaping, sometimes blazing a trail of flame. Likewise, his Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku spins faster and delivers more hits than Ryu's, though the Japanese warrior holds his own with a swifter, more concentrated Hadouken. Nevertheless, Ken gladly accepts a challenge anytime, anywhere, from his honorable friend.
"Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!"
Selected game appearances
- Street Fighter (1987)
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
- Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (1992)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (1994)
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (1997)
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future (1999)
Neo Geo Pocket Color
- SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- Namco × Capcom (2005)