Larry and I hit up the GSO concert last year and these guys and gals delivered quite a helping of arranged orchestral VGM bliss, for free, in a full ensemble that even included a choir. Far from simple transcription, the GSO embraces interpretive arrangement in much the same way OCR does, and while the performances had some issues, the creativity, enthusiasm, and talent of its members comes shining through.
We caught up with Greg Cox (conductor), Chris Apple (music director) and Justin Johnston (PR director) at MAGFest VII and recorded a sweet little video interview that tells you most of what you need to know. Larry did the interviewing, and I did the editing - my first time editing an interview, which is its own special type of challenge, but I think given the impromptu setting, background noise, and relatively free form nature of the source material, it came together well. In HD, too! — djpretzel
- Real Names: Greg Cox (conductor), Chris Apple (music director), Justin Johnston (PR director)
- ReMixer Name: Gamer Symphony Orchestra
- Date of Birth: Fall 2005
- Birthplace: College Park, Maryland, USA
- Websites: Gamer Symphony Orchestra / Gamer Symphony Orchestra @ Twitter
- Education: University of Maryland