ReMix: Alex Kidd in Miracle World 'Sugar High'
1,953,792 bytes, 1:35, 159kbps
Streaming preview on YouTube
Good ole Alex kidd really got overshadowed by Mario in popularity, but nevertheless his first adventure in "Miracle World" still stands as an innovative and well-crafted platformer. This remix takes the title theme and basically schnazzes it up a bit, with nicer instruments and processing, using a program for Macintosh called "VocalWriter" . . big thanks to Joe Redifer for this one.
- Crulex on October 26, 2011
The strings are the only thing that save this. That, and the obvious nostalgia factor. Things get somewhat muddled, and the entire thing creaks with age, but bleh. At the very least it is good soundtrack material for reminiscing about the old days when this mix was considered 'cutting edge?'.
- Marmiduke on June 14, 2009
- Diabolik on May 30, 2009
- yosefu on May 27, 2009
- metalsnakejuice on May 24, 2009
That being said, the fact that I can't stand it doesn't mean it's bad. A VERY happy setting, drums that drive the mix (they do get a bit repetative), and some decent strings. Overall, the sounds are old, and the melody's too much for me, but at the time it was probably a pretty decent mix.
- DragonAvenger on December 11, 2008
The strings in the middle are actually pretty nice, wish there was more of that.
- OA on April 18, 2007
- Dafydd on January 26, 2006
- DarkWolf on November 15, 2005
So yeah, not exactly the best, but what were you expecting?
- watkinzez on October 20, 2005
- meccaneer on October 11, 2005
<Frash> SHUT IT!
<Frash> SHUT IT
<Frash> THAT?S KILLING ME
* Frash screams
<Frash> NOT STILL FINISHED
* ^^SK^^ sicceth thy Holy Lord upon Frash's unclean soul, wiping his very existance from thy mortal realm with thy divine weapons of utter horrific destitution. And verily the Lord did speak; "Burn In Hell You Fool"
I hope I'll be still alive when I'll click the "Submit" button...
- frashpikass on March 16, 2005
My only complaint? It should be longer. Around 2:30 or so. I would love to get an extended version of this.
- K-ness on February 26, 2005
- Durinthal on December 15, 2003
- mDuo13 on December 20, 2002