Need some help with AVG 8.0

Meteo Xavier

For 2.5 days I've been working around the clock to get my main computer back to normalcy after a virus just about killed it. I'm almost back to normal, but I'm having a problem with AVG Anti-virus 8.0, the free version.

After all the rigorous virus scanning I've been doing since Thursday morning, it does not come as a shock to me that my antivirus software is being ultra-protective, but it needs to stop because the Resident Shield part of the software is blocking a lot of scripts (javascripts and some other things) that is claiming is infected.

Everytime I go to a website that has an ad or something on it, the Resident Shield pops up and tells me its a threat "Virus Found HTML/Frame". I believe this is harmless, but this constant window popping up is a nuisance and slows my computer down.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? I could just disable the Resident Shield, but that counts as my Anti-virus protecting for the computer and after the last couple days I'm really weary about doing that. AVG does not do technical support for free users.

Can anyone help me out here?