Making parts quieter?

More specific questions about Fruity Loops now. Okay, I have a decent little song going, and in one part, there's some kick drums in the background. Well...they're supposed to be in the background. The problem is, I'm using a pattern from earlier in the song, and it needed to be loud at that part. Now I need it to be quieter so that you can hear the rest of the music. Is there any way to make just THAT instance of the pattern quieter? Also, is there any way to put effects on stuff without having it on that instrument/mixer track through the entire song? Thank you for your help, and I'm sorry my question is so...oddly worded. I don't know what other words to use than the ones I did...

Alright...well...if nobody can help me with that, how about this:

Is there any way to make a track sound like it's a vinyl? Like, can I make it sound like that pattern was being played on a turntable, with dust and stuff so that hit hisses and pops?

Nevermind. I got this iZotope Vinyl VST that's working pretty good. Still looking for help on that first issue though. I would really appreciate the help.

Okay, I have a decent little song going, and in one part, there's some kick drums in the background. Well...they're supposed to be in the background. The problem is, I'm using a pattern from earlier in the song, and it needed to be loud at that part. Now I need it to be quieter so that you can hear the rest of the music. Is there any way to make just THAT instance of the pattern quieter?

There are a lot of ways to do that. One way is to make an exact copy of the pattern (ctrl+shift+C), and edit your kick drums in the new pattern to be quieter. Then use the new pattern instead of the old pattern.

Also, is there any way to put effects on stuff without having it on that instrument/mixer track through the entire song? Thank you for your help, and I'm sorry my question is so...oddly worded. I don't know what other words to use than the ones I did...
Again, many ways to do this. You can duplicate the instrument you want to use (ctrl+shift+C), and then change the new instrument's mixer route to "--". Then you can use that instrument wherever you want it used without FX.

Another way is to automate the mixer knob to the right of your (for example) delay FX. Right click on that knob and select "edit events." In there you can adjust how much of the FX you want applied to your instrument throughout the pattern.

Or you can create an automation clip. Again, right click that mixer knob as above and select "create automation clip." Then adjust the clip in the playlist to turn that effect up or down on that instrument throughout the song.