Original Trance Song WIP

nickelwise

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9az63_73Q&fmt=18

This is a trance song I made over the last few days, still a WIP. It has a lot of piano stuff, which I am pretty new to. I feel like it is almost finished but I am looking for some final feedback on it before I declare it done.

Any critiques / feedback are greatly appreciated!

Hey there :)

I think the piano in the intro needs some more "naturallity" (you could try playing with dynamics, like if you were actually playing in a piano).

Something I didn't like was the snare drum, specially in those triplet drumrolls. Maybe it would sound better with another sample?

Also, I think that the piano from 2:39 doesn't blend very well with the background. In some parts it feels like you just put notes at random, there isn't a very good harmony with the electronic base.

I hope I wasn't too harsh. I think the track is overall good, I was just pointing out the things I think that need more work ;)

Thanks so much for the insight! I agree that the piano doesn't sound great. I will definitely try to give it a more realistic and fuller sound. I put in the triplet drumrolls sort of on a whim, and that was one of the parts I was really iffy about leaving in. I'll see if I can improve it. You weren't harsh at all. Thanks a ton for the help man!