Eria the Water Maiden Remix

xicotam

Very useful information there and i can tell that you are very familiar with structures and arrangements of music. I have listened to some of your work and was amazed how one can achieve something of such expressivity with simple gears and production system.

Became one of your instant fan after watching your rearrangement of a metroid song ( red brinstar if i am not wrong ) and loved the jazzy vibe. I have subscribed to your channel and can't wait to see more new stuff from you ! ;)

Getting back to the topic, the thing that i am totally aware about my tracks is the quality of the arrangement. I suck at doing something that harmonizes well with everything else ( bass, melody, strings, etc. ) and sometimes it is just so frustrating that i would want to stick my head into the sand. I often blame on my incapacity to slickly play a instrument. For instance i have put a lot of my free time into learning to play a real instrument, hoping that it would change something. Going to learn bass guitar because it is the main instrument that defines the whole mood or orientation of the song.

But i am there is long road ahead to walk to recover from what i didn't learn in my childhood : being classically trained. But through all that trying-to-do-something-nice-but-always-fails-to state, i have developed that capacity to at least identify the scale of the source and their respective melodic content.

Now for the conclusion, i would like to ask if there is anything that i could do improve my capacity to arrange/rearrange a song from scrap efficiently ? Any books, materials to recommend ?

Sorry for such a long and boring text.

Big Hug,

xicotam

Mmm, yeah this is very atmospheric. The little voices are a great touch. I'm only fairly familiar with the source so I'm not 100% but it seemed like the first minute or so didn't relate much to the original source material, so perhaps think about incorporating more of that at the start.

Unfortunately, I cannot give many tips on production etc, but to me it doesn't sound like you need them.

I love when the melody does come in at 2:00. The drums fading out and the strings entering is beautiful! I completely love that. The kind of jazzy interpretation of the melody is a good unexpected touch.

I completely agree that the climax section mentioned below should certainly be included, it's really powerful!

This is a really great piece so far, all I can say is add in the middle section from the original and perhaps make the start more relevant to the source!

Keep it up!