Remix competition, first ever remix, feedback greatly appreciated

RlB

Hi,

Burn studios have, in collaboration with Sasha held a remix competition and I decided to try my hand at remixing. Never done any remixing before, as my audio experience is almost exclusively based in the studio with bands.

I was therefore wondering if anyone was interested in having a listen to it and let me know what they think?

CLICK FOR THE TRACK

Hi,

Burn studios have, in collaboration with Sasha held a remix competition and I decided to try my hand at remixing. Never done any remixing before, as my audio experience is almost exclusively based in the studio with bands.

I was therefore wondering if anyone was interested in having a listen to it and let me know what they think?

CLICK FOR THE TRACK

What's the source? Also, it doesn't sound like a game remix, so it goes here: http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Game remixes is for game remixes. :3

About the actual track: it doesn't to seem to have a lot of bass. you need to phatten the low end up by boosting your kick and bassline sounds' bass frequencies, but not by too much. Also, the drums sound very machine gun-ny. That's what happens if you have a fast repetition of sounds but the velocity of each hit is the exact same. It doesn't sound natural, so another thing you could try is varying the velocities. If you have a kick drum and another kick drum hit right next to it, lower the volume of the next hit by a little bit.

Parroting Neblix with the percussion, it's kinda bland. The actual drum samples are okay, the kick is too weak, I really like the whole ambient atmosphere, but the main synth you have kinda just drones on. You add a new thing about a minute in a half in that starts undermixed and later completely overpowers the rest of the mix(especially the percussion). This would count as a "Post Your Originals" because this is a game remix, by the way.