Final Fantasy X - Via Techno

Samwisegee

As a first remix, this is very promising.

I find that the drums and bass are pushed to the back of the mix by the very overpowering lead.

Also i find that in the middle section where you emphasize the last quaver beat of the bar a few times - it sounds a little clunky and innapropriate. Also the elaborations you make on the melody seem a little arbitrary, give them a journey and some coherence and it'll sound great.

This is good, but think about making it more dynamic - so far it's pretty much the same lead sound playing the melody, the same bass playing the bassline and the drums mostly playing the same thing throughout. Think about switching up the lead sound to something different in different sections and perhaps making a feature of different parts other than the lead - for example you could introduce a huuge bass riff! Or have a bit where the drums cut out for a little bit. Yeah, in terms of levels I felt it was just at one constant dynamic other than the intro + outro.

Anyway, production, especially techno, is not my thing so I can't give hugely accurate critical feedback but hopefully what i've said should point you in the right direction.

Calum

Hello, this is my first remix and hopefully you enjoy it! its a remix of the song "Path of Repentance" from Final Fantasy X. any feedback would be great.

http://tindeck.com/listen/vwmy