Synth Patch Thread 2 >:(

THIS IS NOT A REQUEST THREAD.

Ok Due to some question on my cloud, I thought I would make this thread one last time, and when it dies, I will no longer post synth paths/patch threads here and will only post sounds on gearslutz and pms on soundcloud.

So good people post your synth patches, tips, ideas, what ever here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Hay guys, some people asked how I get some of my synths to sound "analogish", thats easy, when I dont rent any gear at my favorite music shop, all I do to get that sound is run a small "LFO" on the pitch insert of any of the ocillators/operators in Sylenth one ,FM8 or Massive. When I do use the LFO thing or use actual analog gear, I sometimes put a auto tune plugin so things dont get out of line with tuning, and nobody ever notices (easily).

Q2 : how do you get those comby/screamy sounds without massive and stuff.

To do that heavy distorted thing, first have 1 or 2 (or more if you want) ocillators open, then a decent amount of reverb (Experiment), then open your favorite distortion plugin (or hardware if you have/want, more preferable a guitar distortion unit/hardware/pedal/sim).

I use Guitar Rig 4 because I can use a great sounding filter effect and its LFO unit included with it without wasting money on a third party filter or wasting hours looking for free filters and LFO plugins that actual work with my DAW with no glitches.

A great thing to do when making crazy synths is to resample and save sounds in to a folder so you can use them in new projects and drop them in a good/excellent sampler like the ones in Ableton. (NOTE IF YOUR TRING TO GET IN TO SOME COMPLEXTRO HOUSE, RESAMPLEING AND SAVING SOUNDS INTO A FOLDER SAMPLE BANKS IS A MUST, UNLESS YOU LIKE WASTING HOUSE REPROGRAMMING SYNTHS OR USING UP CPU.....But dont do it for sounds you will need to change or musically change through out a song or whatever your plans are)

Q3 : How do you make that fat sawtooth bass synth you use just like the one in the mord fustang song "lick the rainbow"

http://www.mediafire.com/?icwzujor3fjha39

example of use :: http://soundcloud.com/aires/dem-chemicals-reuploading

I add small white noise, then add the built in distortion from massive (or sylenth 1, which ever synth I use to do that synth at the time)

and compress the heck out of the sound.

-----------

No I will not post the "talking bassline" synth or any exotic/cool synths.......