Heaven Journey (Chiptune, Nerd Music)

Hey guys,

I am working on a chiptune Album, called 'Heaven Journey', I hope you like it!

Ummmmmm Heaven Journey isn't original... it's a remix of "Forest Interlude (Web Woods)" Donkey Kong Country 2

Templer was pretty cool, and wasn't from any game I recognized, so... I assume it IS original. The phrasing in it is pretty odd, and there's some strange harmonies, but I can dig both of those things. It's just really repetitive, as was HJ.

Unreal Superhero is pretty cool, although I'm a bit confused as to the concept; seems like you meant it to be a remix of Heaven Journey, correct? But it sounds more original than HJ (since HJ is a remix of DKC2 and I don't hear too many parallels between HJ and Unreal Superhero), and in fact hooked me from the start. BUT, there's a LOT more that could be done with it, instead of just running those arps over and over and over.

Sounds like a good start, but the tracks are pretty repetitive, to be honest. Looks like you're pretty brand new here, so my recommendation is running "Heaven Journey" through the remix workshop, since it is in fact a game remix, and because that workshop gets MUCH more traffic. I STRONGLY recommend the workshop to anyone looking to improve, the people there are all great and will be able to help you improve your arrangement abilities, which will carry over to your composition. And also, Gario (one of the workshop moderators) is a chiptuner, and writes some AWESOME stuff, and will be able to help you immensely.

Best of luck man! You've certainly made me want to go back to my own chiptune album ;)

pH

EDIT: OOH, also, since it looks like you're new here, I'll go ahead and point you in the direction of some great chiptuners and 9bitters

halc: OCR, Band Camp

Ben Briggs: OCR, Band Camp

PROTODOME: OCR, Band Camp

Gario: OCR (also does a lot with Newgrounds, although I'm not around there much, so I'm not able to provide links)

• 2 weeks later...