The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - Temple of Droplets ReMix

HenkkaStorm

Alright, my first remix project! I've had plans for this track for a long time as it's probably my favorite in the game. Here's a link to the original

and here's a link to my remix https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdc9qan56xkfzbw/WaltzOfTheDroplets.wav

What I've done here is turned the dark, brooding atmosphere on the original to a kind of melancholic waltz. The four-note motif in the beginning has been turned to harp accompaniment with delay on it and plays throughout the track in the background. The first melody you hear is the chromatically descending melody from 0.31 from the original, played with a flutish sound. Then we get to the first verse, where I flute plays the main melody (the one starting at 0.10 in the original), first alone then with harmony in fourths. The second section features the melody from 0.50 in the original and serves as a little break before I get to the main theme again with trombones and trumpets. After the second verse I have a breakdown with just violins and harp with staccato string section coming in the middle. I also modulate here from C minor to D minor. After the breakdown the string section continues pizzicato with the harp. In the end we hear again the melody from the beginning played in the new key.

I haven't started to mix this yet, because I wanted to get material complete before starting mixing seriously. Because of that everything's kinda in the middle and cluttered. I'd like to hear people's opinions on the track so far and how I could improve the material still.

Alright, my first remix project! I've had plans for this track for a long time as it's probably my favorite in the game. Here's a link to the original
and here's a link to my remix https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdc9qan56xkfzbw/WaltzOfTheDroplets.wav

I haven't started to mix this yet, because I wanted to get material complete before starting mixing seriously. Because of that everything's kinda in the middle and cluttered. I'd like to hear people's opinions on the track so far and how I could improve the material still.

I'm surprised no one has commented yet. This is great stuff! The only arrangement comment I have is that that trombone blast (kinda sounds like a Reaper from the Mass Effect trilogy) was a little weird at first, but I think it fits the piece.

Keep up the excellent work! I'm looking forward to the mixed piece.