Song Of Healing Remix - Death Of A Hero

Dragonfox

Hello! It's my first time posting here, though I've been a fan of OCRemix for a long while and making music and VGM remixes for a couple years now. There's a bit of backstory to this mix, so hang in there...

I still remember the night I got to play Majora's Mask. It was late and my parents had failed to clear the first three days several times in a row. After waking up to the sounds in the living room, I went and cleared it for them. It's been over a decade though, and my memory seems to have slighted me...I remember a cutscene that seems to have not existed.

And earlier this year, I decided to honor this illusory cutscene by making a remix for it. I remember, after learning the Song of Healing, the Happy Mask Salesman playing the full tune with some minor rearrangement for nearly 2 minutes, embellishing slightly as he went along...it seemed to me that he had his own story that only the Song could really tell.

Remix: https://soundcloud.com/dragonfox-studios/death-of-a-hero-v15

Original: