Unalienable

dgrove

It's a fairly polished demo:

I started working on this song a couple years ago, but never finished it because I wasn't totally satisfied with the overall "sound". However, I got a StudioLive 24 Series III mixer with Studio One a couple months ago, along with a brand new computer that can handle more processing and memory. I decided it was time to return to this one and see what I could do with it. I dumped all the tracks off my MOXF6, redid the mix entirely, added several new layers, and recorded some vocals. I feel it's really coming together. It's sort of a pop/r&b tune with some synthwave influence. There are a few more things to do yet such as add vocals to the end of the song. I am also not satisfied with the saxophone solo, nor background vocals on the chorus parts. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fix those backing vocals just yet.

I'd love to hear opinions: what I did well, what I didn't do so well, how I can improve it, etc.

Edited by dgrove
Using newer demo.