BFG Division Jazzy Spy Version (Doom 2016)

I've been pretty active in the Doomworld forums for some years now so I've done a number of Doom related music. Here's BFG division reinterpreted as a smooth doublebass-heavy 60s-70s spy song I done a while back. The riff kinda already sounded like that.

Hi Jupiter!

This is a real jam. Love the way you've taken the descending melodic phrase from the original and implemented it across the instruments!

The opening piano sample feels robotic currently; the velocities feel like they don't change, which makes the repeated note figure give a stilted sound. In the same way, the ride cymbal sounds like there aren't any round-robins on the sample triggers, making it sound like a machinegun instead of it being naturally played. Humanizing the velocities would go a long way here.

I also feel like the lack of bass drum in favor of the timpani is hurting the piece. Their resonance works during the bridge but creates mud for the piece's first minute.

It's a great take on the piece, however! Would love to hear more like it :D