GTA San Andreas Theme [Majin Beatz EDM Remix]

This is well produced!!  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to hear some of that oldschool G-Funk west coast like the original track has.  As a standalone tune It's well done but a bit hard for me personally to notice its a remix of GTA San Andreas.  That's just my personal opinion though!  Overall it's obvious you know how to produce so there's no question there.  

Cheers!
-Alex

Cool stuff! I'll echo Seveneyes's comments as to wanting some of that G-Funk in your remix, at least more flourishes or hints of it. Mixwise, it feels too bass-heavy. I noticed the bassline is feeding into a ping-pong delay, which is a cool effect; if you don't shave off the lows from the delay, though, you'll end up with some unwanted mud and dissonance. Additionally, if you're not already running some sidechain compression, go for it -- you can't go wrong with some rhythmic pumping with this style.

There's also an opportunity for some filter automation, which would mix it up a bit for listener interest. Some additional pads or textural fill-ins (sidechain them, too!) are great finishing touches too.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by paradiddlesjosh

4 hours ago, paradiddlesjosh said:

Cool stuff! I'll echo Seveneyes's comments as to wanting some of that G-Funk in your remix, at least more flourishes or hints of it. Mixwise, it feels too bass-heavy. I noticed the bassline is feeding into a ping-pong delay, which is a cool effect; if you don't shave off the lows from the delay, though, you'll end up with some unwanted mud and dissonance. Additionally, if you're not already running some sidechain compression, go for it -- you can't go wrong with some rhythmic pumping with this style.

There's also an opportunity for some filter automation, which would mix it up a bit for listener interest. Some additional pads or textural fill-ins (sidechain them, too!) are great finishing touches too.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your feedback

I'm actually working my way into Sidechain at the moment :)

On 9/8/2024 at 1:35 AM, Seveneyes said:

This is well produced!!  

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to hear some of that oldschool G-Funk west coast like the original track has.  As a standalone tune It's well done but a bit hard for me personally to notice its a remix of GTA San Andreas.  That's just my personal opinion though!  Overall it's obvious you know how to produce so there's no question there.  

Cheers!
-Alex

Thank you for your feedback

I wanted to make something completely different out of the track but the idea with the G-Funk part I could really try once