Seeing what a frequency splitter can do to a perfect mix

100_PERCENT ROEMER

Over the years I've come to really love working with FL frequency splitter. It allows the user to take any track/waveform, split it into three user-defined frequency bands, and then "send" those bands to individual sends for further processing while at the same time retaining the original waveform. In short, instant triple-band parallel processing! I don't do much remixing but I do enjoy taking my old track waveforms and playing with them to see what they can become with a little slowing and alteration of the fundamental pitch for A (A = 432hz and 528hz FTW).

I took an old track that, for whatever reason, came out perfectly mixed (to my ears at least) and reduced it down further to its most basic components, removed the kick drum entirely but left the 808, and had some fun with it. Happy with it before, and happy with it even more. Also, famisynth is the only synth you need in life.

Original track: A=432hz
Frequency split: entire track pitched down by a perfect 4th with A reset to 528hz

Edited by 100_PERCENT ROEMER
528hz is the God tone