"What confounds you? Have your fists led you astray?"
Clad in a cloth skirt, the lean, lanky Dhalsim is a seasoned Street Fighter from India. He sharpens his mind through meditation and stays in shape with yoga, giving him an edge of control in battles. A peaceful man, Dhalsim does not kill his opponents. His necklace links skulls of children who've died in a plague, and so every rupee earned in his fights goes to benefit the poor in his village.
With an elephant-flanked shrine for a battleground, Dhalsim bests his opponents more through patient defense than all-out offense. Most notable is his tactic of throwing punches and kicks from across the screen, thanks to his stretchy limbs. In the air, Dhalsim can execute the Yoga Spear, a stiff-bodied, angled, spinning drive (feet first or head first) into his opponents, leaving them open for his sliding kick or more stretchy hits. If need be, he'll retreat by teleporting. And further tapping into his yoga training, he can breathe fire, far or close, small or large, fleeting or lasting; Yoga Fire and Yoga Flame respectively.
Selected game appearances
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
- Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (1992)
- Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (1993)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (1994)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 (1996)
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (1997)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (1998)
- Street Fighter IV (2008)
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (2010)
- Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 (2001)
- Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)