- For information on the evaluation criteria used at OC ReMix, please see Submission Standards and Instructions.
This article's purpose is to maintain the latest version of the email sent to submitters whose pieces are rejected after initial review, not making it to the judges panel.
Thank you for submitting your track to OC ReMix. While your submission is appreciated, after initial review we've decided not to post it or forward it to the judges panel in its current form.
There are several common reasons why submissions might not make it to OC ReMix's next stage of evaluation (bolded & italicized if applicable to this submission):
- the arrangement is merely a MIDI or game music format file assigned new instruments and/or given added effects
- the arrangement is not different enough (e.g. structure, tempo, instrumentation) from the original game music
- the arrangement is too texturally sparse, too underdeveloped, and/or too repetitive
- the sound quality (e.g. sample quality, sequencing, mixing, processing, recording) is poor
- the writing or performance quality (e.g. frequent clashing or wrong notes, mismatched key signatures, sloppy timing, rigid timing) is poor
Less common reasons include (bolded if applicable to this submission):
- extensive direct sampling of original game music audio
- extensive incorporation of non-game music or lyrics (e.g. mainstream, classical, etc.)
- arranging music that was not originally created for a video game
- the arrangement bears little resemblance to the original game music
- creating a track out of sound effects
- creating an entirely original track that in no way arranges game music
For more clarification, please read OCR's Submission Standards (https://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions). To get a better feel for our arrangement and production standards, we recommend listening to what's currently posted on the main page (https://ocremix.org).
Provided that your submission is a genuinely interpretive arrangement, if you want to work more on this ReMix, we recommend sharing it in the Post Your Game ReMixes forum for further community feedback (https://ocremix.org/community/forum/12/). It may help you should you decide to resubmit your track.
You can also check out our Music Composition & Production forum for technical advice (https://ocremix.org/community/forum/8/). Reading judges panel decisions is often helpful in seeing the criteria used for the next stage of evaluation (https://ocremix.org/community/forum/11/). Visit our Discord server (https://discord.gg/VABjqGa) for even more community and feedback resources.
The important thing is not to be discouraged. Whether it be a revised version of this submission or a brand new submission, we look forward to hearing your work in the future.