"Go home and be a family man!"
Guile, a lieutenant in the United States Air Force, wears his patriotism via flag tattoos on his shoulders, a military-green uniform, and an often-combed blond flattop. He keeps a second dog tag, belonging to his senior and friend, Charlie, as a reminder of the day he went missing.
During a mission to destroy the base of Shadoloo, a crime organization, mastermind M. Bison fought them with power that was beyond what their Special Forces training prepared them for. Charlie held Bison off, Guile retreated — and the base exploded. Believing his friend to be dead, Guile neglected the Air Force, his family, and his country, lusting for revenge.
When M. Bison, still alive, hosts the second World Warrior tournament, Guile enters immediately, using the special moves Charlie taught him. Unlike the shock wave of a speedy aircraft, Guile's Sonic Boom is a spinning energy disc thrust circularly by his arms. When crouching, he waits for the right moment to execute the Flash Kick, a backflip that greets his opponent's face with a trailblazing leather boot. For Charlie!
Selected game appearances
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
- Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (1992)
- Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (1993)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (1994)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (1998)
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (2000)
- Street Fighter IV (2008)
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (2010)
- Street Fighter EX Plus @ (1997)
- SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom (2003)
- Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)