"Handsome fighters never lose a battle!"
Vega (called Balrog in Japan and "Claw" among tournament players) is a Spanish nobleman and a psychotic, masked killer. He knows that he is the best and isn't afraid to say it (or prove it). He likes beautiful things, among which he counts himself, but he hates all ugly things and wishes that they would die.
Vega is a skilled fighter, combining bullfighting, Ninjutsu, and a claw-like weapon into a unique style of fighting. He is a former matador, so he is very fast on his feet and moves constantly while fighting. The three-tined metal claw on his left hand makes him deadly. Nonetheless he has one weakness: if an opponent bruises, marks, or scars his face, he will go into a blind fit of rage. This rage will make him strike his opponent without thinking and leave himself open to attacks.
Vega is a boss character in the 1991 game Street Fighter II. He is not playable in the original version of the game, but he and the other three bosses are playable in other editions. When he became playable, his speedy techniques made him a fan favorite.
Selected game appearances
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
- Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (1992)
- Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (1993)
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo (1994)
- Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (1995)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (1998)
- Street Fighter IV (2008)
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (2010)
- Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)