On the other laptop, the internet randomly shuts off

Hausdog

I know, it doesn't really "do that" but every few times I restart, it decides "I'm going to accept signals from the internet today!" And it really sucks because it only does it after like a good night's sleep or something.

So... halp?

I know, it doesn't really "do that" but every few times I restart, it decides "I'm going to accept signals from the internet today!" And it really sucks because it only does it after like a good night's sleep or something.

So... halp?

How are you connecting to the internet? Wired or wi-fi? Either which way, just hope that it's not a hardware problem. Assuming it's not, then try to download updated drivers for your ethernet card. Just use the computer with internet access and download them to a USB key/dongle and then plug it into the other one.

If it is a hardware problem, then there really is no hope. Installing/replacing laptop parts is both expensive and a hassle. Though, if you have a relatively easy access to the ethernet/wi-fi card. Just check out any connections that might look faulty. Usually in laptops, they are integrated into the motherboard, so there's not much for you to "do."