Kyrandia 1: Purple Gem Theme

darktree

Hey guys, possibly my favorite track from the three Kyrandia games is the music played when you activate the purple gem on your amulet in the Serpent's Grotto in Kyrandia 1.

I have uploaded a savegame file here:

kyrandia savegame [1.13kb - zipped]

that I made myself while playing the game in dosbox last month. If you load that savegame within the game, all you have to do is press the purple gem on your amulet, and you will turn into a floating purple wisp sphere, and the music commences. To fully loop, the music has to play about three minutes and 15 seconds. I made a full song sample of the music using the record wav feature in dosbox at 22050 khz, converted it to a 160kbps mp3, and uploaded it here:

purple stone song [4.01 MB - mp3]

so that you could get an idea of how it sounds to see if you'd be interested in remixing such a track. When I was recording the .wav, the sound was glitching quite a bit, so if you hear little skips and pops and glitches, that was just my computer not emulating the sound as it should.

I know it isn't too popular of a game here (one remix in total), but I really hope this music inspires someone to make something out of this (hidden? forgotten?) musical gem!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...