Is MixMeister a good programme for remixing?

I just got my hands on my uncle's copy of Mixmeister and it's pretty sweet from what I've learned, messing around with it. Normally it's a +$150 programme, so that's gotta count for something, right? I've never remixed before, so of course my first mix was terrible, but what I'm wondering is if MixMeister is more for remixing, or for being a DJ . . .

Also, I'm thinking that maybe the song I picked to remix [Angel's Rain from Katamari] was maybe not the best choice for my first . . .

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this...and...yeah...

Mixmeister, as the name implies, is for DJing, which is essentially the idea of cutting and mixing up existing music to create new phat beats. However, in terms of remixing as this site defines it (which is usually creating a MIDI, loading soundfonts, and much processing), Mixmeister is probably not very helpful (since I'm assuming its MIDI capabilities will not extend in that direction). That said, I have no idea whether an acceptable remix could be made in a "DJ form" as it were, so someone in the know about this should post here.