GH World Tour Instruments More Versatile Than Imagined

The Pezman

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6194777.html

The article explains that GHWT instruments will have full compatibility with at least Rock Band 1, and vice versa. That's great, but not really what caught my eye.

First off, Bright said the input at the back of the drum kit would allow its control to be mapped to any instrument with a MIDI digital output. "I was just doing it last night night with a MIDI-10 drum machine," he said, grinning.

I'm pretty sure they meant MIDI digital input, but let me be the first to say: Holy shit! I was looking for a cheap electric drum set in order to practi...

944200_20080620_screen002652_screen.jpg

...oh.

I guess it's better than not having it at all, but what do they imagine the average consumer will do with MIDI and a set like that? Is it just to bang around and have a good time? Or are they banking on a kitcsh factor, with people using this set to perform actual shows (like I very likely would)? Somebody help me out here.

And, incidentally, if anyone knows of a cheap electric drumset with a traditional MIDI output, let me know.