noise with reason

NOT a new user.

I would prefer answers from those that PLAY and not people that use this program to Make beats for rap or something and cant play an instrument.

if that comment offends you then it applies to you.

After every note played via the controller OR the Reason on-board piano roll, there is a distinct crunching noise as the sound fades in aftertouch. With the controller disconnected or not, the volumes adjusted or not, No mastering, just a mixwe and the factory piano or a sampled one, ANY sound... with just the naked program running, no effects. There is a low crunching noise at the end of the note release, latency movied...still does it. after many instruments are playing, its not heard... but in a quite part with just the lone instrument... its clear. It sounds like a fat dude with leather pants rocking on a leather sofa...A Low grungy crunch...Or if you had some kind of Gate on. I have that stupid realtech hd audio manager. I dont think it can be disabled.

Now... I can take the reason song and EXPORT it as a wav. and it STILL has that sound at the endo of the dying sound, clearly heard.

So I figure, is it really there or is there some kind of gate?

because THATS EXACTLY how it sounds...Like a signal passing through a processor and the audio is to quiet for it as it drops and you can hear the computer sound of the effect.

The audio manager from realtech seems to have no effect on at all.

never had this issue with reaon befor I got this new computer that has this stupid realtech on it. thats what makes me think it is that. I cant tell if it does it on ANY audio because I have no way of having a single quiet recording to tell.

• 1 month later...

What OS and version of Reason are you using?

Try playing back some of these test tones to see if it's the audio output: http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/tone/download/

In other news, I've been playing various instruments since I was 10 and I've studied piano extensively together with private lessons in drums and guitar. Your first comment was horrible and offended me as a musician.

It's probably people who understands audio engineering and production (i.e. people who "make beats for rap or something and cant play an instrument") that can help you with this problem since it's obviously technical. You're narrow-minded about music and that's not a good idea at an online forum for music. Tone down the attitude if you want some help.

• 1 month later...

Just FYI, if you have an integrated realtek device, then to disable it you first need to turn off the onboard sound device in the BIOS. Then you should be able to disable it in your OS (for windows you can delete the device from the device manager in the control panel). Although I don't use Reason, I had a similar problem (actually many problems) with SONAR before I disabled the realtek device. Obviously, this is all assuming that you're not using the realtek device as your primary sound card.

You're narrow-minded about music
Seconded. Keep that garbage to yourself.

Apparently the value of information depends on its source, I had always figured a right answer was right wherever it came from. And what's the matter with producers and specifically "Rap" beats. Beats are music too, they may not be lengthy lyrical melodic masterpieces all the time but they're obviously popular nowadays for a reason, they're very catchy. Also, agreeing with anso, if I had to choose one person to answer a question about a technological problem between someone who could either; play the clarinet, or someone who uses reason to make all of their music and obviously knows the software very well, which would I take? No brainer right? Apparently not... and a few people would consider a DAW an instrument (or tool) of music creation now anyways.

I may not be a rap beats producer, and I DO play several instruments, but I'm slightly offended so apparently you don't want my help...