Need help with a certain keyboard sound

duder5k

I'm pretty new to music-creation/host software like Renoise and Fruity Loops, but the reason I acquired them was mostly for just messing around, trying to imitate something I'd hear from industrial bands like Nine Inch Nails or Stabbing Westward.

But there's one particular song I really want to get the sound of, in FL - Girls & Boys from Blur. It's this cool '90s dance-y Britpop song.

Live version (the actual keyboard itself you get a nice close-up of in the opening of the video):

Studio/music video version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riE-GI0PxnE

Is there a way to get the keyboard sound you hear in that song? Aside from the default, basic vst stuff, I also have:

Minimogue VA

PoiZone (full version)

SimSynth VSTi

Toxic Biohazard

Yeah...any help would be great, thanks. :D

those sound like two different sounds. it sounds like a harpsichord in the studio version, but there's a fatter sound with vibrato in the live one.

for the studio sound, there's an awesome soundfont out there called German8 (i think i got it at hammersound) that you could just fatten up with some eq. for the live sound, it's similar to a mellotron - maybe look for a soundfont that uses tones from one? i think reason's got a pretty nice mellotron set in the factory sound bank as well you could tweak.

i make a set that's pretty close in the fl keys (on roto organ) plugin in about two minutes, but then it crashed and i lost it :< just turn knobs until you hear it getting closer.